Willow Street

Bay Area Electric Railroad Association  Charles Shaner designed the station at Willow Street and today’s Lincoln Avenue for the Southern Pacific Railroad in 1891, a year after he teamed up with J.C. Diamond and David Brehaut to build the house at 1207 Union St. The station was dismantled in 1941.

Union St. Home Recalls Victorian Legacy

Mar 24,2016

In 1890 three talented professionals teamed up to design and build the house at 1207 Union St. in Alameda — architect Charles Shaner and builders David Brehaut and J. C. Diamond. These men had a hand in designing or building more than 80 homes during the Victorian era in Alameda. 

Read More