At 12:06 p.m., Tuesday, June 2, a total of 20 Alameda firefighters responded to the report of smoke coming from a building on the 700 block of Lincoln Avenue. They arrived on scene to find a fire on the second floor of a two-story, four-unit apartment building.
The Alameda Fire Department’s Home Safety Program provides much-needed services to low-to-moderate income residents over 62 and to the disabled of any age. The program provides and installs the newly required 10-year-maintenance-free smoke and carbon monoxide detectors.
At a screening of the documentary film Shallow Waters, The Public Death of Raymond Zack, last Sunday, Alamedans struggled with the import of a particularly unfortunate turn of events that resulted in the death of Alameda resident Raymond Zack in 2010.