The Alameda Sun is an adjudicated newspaper for Alameda County.
Contact: Jillian Strahler email@example.com
Legal Ad Prices
- Fictitious Business Name $75 for 4 weeks of publication, and proof of publication sent to Alameda County Clerk Recorder. A copy of your FBN proof of publication is available for an additional $25. *
- Name Change $125 for 4 weeks of publication, includes proof of publication sent to client and the court. Additional names are $25 each, and must be on the same form.
- Petition for Probate $200 for 3 weeks of publication, includes affidavit sent to client and the court. **
- Other Legal Ads are $1 per word, or $40 per column inch for display advertisements.
* For any business filing a Fictitious Business Name Statement in Alameda County.
** Petition for Probate only for residents of the City of Alameda.
Basic in-line classified ads are $1 per word per week.
Classified display advertisements are $40 per column inch.
The Classifieds page features a special section for Garage Sales.
The newspaper is distributed once a week on Thursday. Deadline for submissions is Tuesday at noon.
Free local community events and low-cost-admission events for non-profit organizations are published free of charge.
Local Happenings are published at editor's discretion.
Please log in or create an account
to submit the following online:
Letters to the Editor
Submit online or email your letter to Dennis Evanosky firstname.lastname@example.org.
Letters posted at the editor's discretion.
250 word maximum. Name and phone number are required for submission.
If your letter is posted, Alameda Sun will publish your name, but not your phone number.
Submit online or send content and photo via email to Eric Kos email@example.com.
The fee for obituaries is $75 per 250 words, and $25 per photograph.
Submit online or send content and photo via email to Eric Kos firstname.lastname@example.org.
The fee for pet memorials is $75 per 250 words, and $25 per photograph.
Submit online or send a small descriptive paragraph along with your photo via email to Dennis Evanosky email@example.com.
“The Sun Shines Everywhere” attempts to show the Alameda Sun in every state of the Union and every country in the world.