West End Loaded with Tricks & Treats
This month is slated to be a busy one on Webster Street. On Wednesday, Oct. 23, the West Alameda Business Association (WABA) will host the annual board of directors election and membership meeting. Join us for tasty bites courtesy of Cafe Jolie and mingle with fellow business owners.
Locals can take this opportunity to learn more about WABA’s place-making initiatives to create a more inviting streetscape and upcoming event programming on or around Webster Street. WABA members will also vote on the re-election of two board members. Association members should receive their ballots next week.
October is also packed with events for kids and adults alike including a new night market coming to Webster the last Friday of every month. Be sure to check out the WABA events page online for all the West End’s happenings.
Finally, I would like to say “thank you” to the Alameda Sun for the wonderful coverage of our Park(ing) Day event. For those who were unable to make it on Sept. 20, we will have a small sample of the setup at the election meeting on Oct 23.
See you there!
More October Events Happening on the West End
For all the latest happenings around town be sure to follow WABA on Facebook and visit the events page.
- Oct. 12 and 13 — Stop, Drop, Drink at The Fireside Lounge
- Oct. 10 — After the Ball Fundraiser & Gala supporting FAAS
- Oct. 11 — Second Friday Art Walk featuring special hours at Feathered Outlaw, J Gallerie, J Couture and Cafe Jolie
- Oct. 20 — Spooktacular Trick or Treating event at Alameda Landing
- Oct. 23 — WABA’s annual election and membership meeting hosted by Cafe Jolie
- Oct. 25 — Feathered Outlaw’s Magickal Market
- Oct. 25 thru 27 — Alameda Tattoo’s $100 Halloween Flash Event
- Oct. 26 — Halloween Parties at The Hunter and Fireside Lounge
- Oct. 31 — Trick-or-Treat on Webster Street
Wildlife from Around the World
On Thursday, Oct. 24, the West End Library will host a slide show featuring images of wildlife from around the world. The event will begin at 7 p.m. The presentation, “Albatross to Wildebeest — Wildlife Images from Around the World,” will showcase East Bay photographer Tom Debley’s work from his travels.
Facade Grant has Funds Available
If you missed the last deadline for the façade grant program, don’t fret. The next opportunity will be closing on Thursday, Nov. 21. Remember that the city is offering a special promotion this year to encourage the restoration of historic façades.
Let’s make Webster Street shine! Details about the program can be found on the city’s website, www.alamedaca.gov.
As always, it is a great pleasure to represent and advocate for West Alameda, a neighborhood I call home. Feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or 523-5955.