West End Library to Host Estate Planning Session
On Tuesday, Oct. 24, the West End Library at 788 Santa Clara Ave. will host an estate planning question-and-answer session with a local attorney from 7 to 8:30 p.m. The library will be open for the program only.
Attorney C.J. Kingsley will provide an overview and answer questions on estate-related topics.
- Different types of estate plans
- Updating estate plans
- Differences between trust administration and probate
- Differences between powers of attorney and joint tenancies
- Guardianships and conservatorships
- Small estates
- Whether or not doing one’s own paperwork makes sense.
Kingsley has been practicing law since 1981. She recently completed the comprehensive Estate Planning Certificate program at Golden Gate Law School.
In addition to her practice in Alameda, she performs volunteer services three times a month at free walk-in legal clinics. She also writes wills and trusts for indigent clients of the San Francisco Justice and Diversity Center and the AIDS Lawyer Referral Panel.
For more information, contact the library at 747-7767.