West End Events Calendar Ongoing and Upcoming
Ongoing West End Events
- Tuesdays and Fridays; 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Alameda Farmers Market, Haight Avenue and Webster Street
- Sundays; 7:30 p.m. Kids Eat Free at SPIN!Pizza. Alameda Landing, 2670 Fifth St.
- Tuesdays; 7:30 p.m. Trivia Contest, Fireside Lounge, 1453 Webster St.
- Wednesdays; 5:30 to 8 p.m. Dine & Donate! Support Local Nonprofits at SPIN!Pizza. Alameda Landing, 2670 Fifth St.
- Wednesdays; 8 p.m. Singer-Songwriter Open Mic Night at Fireside Lounge, 1453 Webster St.
- First Sundays. Alameda Point Antiques Faire. 2900 Navy Way
- Second Fridays. 2nd Friday Artwalk, variety of artists, crafts and more. Webster Street between Haight and Central avenues.
- Fourth Wednesdays. 7 p.m. Herbal Gypsy Make & Take Workshop, Feathered Outlaw, 1506 Webster St.
Special Events Coming up Out West
- Friday, Aug. 24, 8 a.m. to 3 p.m., 2018 Alameda Rotary Open. Mif Albright Par-3 Course, 1 Memorial Clubhouse Drive.
- Saturday, Sept. 15, & Sunday Sept. 16, 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. Alameda Point Vintage Fashion Faire, The September Issue.
- Sunday, Sept. 16, noon to 6 p.m. Blues Brews & BBQ, Webster Street between Santa Clara and Central avenues.
- Saturday, Oct. 27, and Sunday Oct. 28, 7:30 p.m. to 1 a.m. USS Hornet Monsters Bash 2018.
Annual Events in West Alameda
Mark the calendar now for the year’s biggest and best events that take place throughout West Alameda.
- n Chinese New Year Celebration Takes place in February at the corner of Webster Street and Haight Avenue alongside the Farmers’ Market. Features lion dance, Chinese traditional dance, Tai Zhi performance and children dances.
- Taste of West Alameda Fundraiser This event occurs annually each March. Enjoy endless samples of West Alameda’s variety of cuisines. Mix and mingle while tasting beer, wine and spirits from Alameda’s own Spirits Alley and beyond.
Taste a curated sampling from more than a dozen West Alameda restaurants and craft beverage producers. Meet restaurant owners, chefs, winemakers and brewers.
Features silent auction, live DJ and benefits the West End Arts & Entertainment District.
- The Mayor’s Fourth of July Parade. Alameda’s Fourth of July Parade is one of the largest Independence Day parades in the nation. Some of the best viewing spots are on Webster Street between Central and Lincoln avenues. See local dancers, community groups, children, local businesses and more in this fun, family friendly celebration.
- July Fourth Celebration aboard USS Hornet Museum 2 to 10 p.m. Features live music and entertainment, family activities, VIP tours of the ship’s spaces such as the engine and boiler rooms, food and beverages all culminating in the Bay Area’s fireworks show.
- Earth Day Festival April 21, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. in Washington Park. Celebrate the planet and enjoy free activities for kids, Earth Day games and exhibits. Learn about building a clean, healthy, sustainable world for generations to come. Try out a bicycle-powered smoothie blender and spin-art machine, get involved with the Earth Day Beach Cleanup and other fun activities.
- Blues, Brews & BBQ This event occurs annually each September from noon to 6 p.m. on Webster Street between Central and Taylor avenues. This festive and artistic event features live music and other entertainment, a children’s zone, art vendors, refreshments, community-resource booths and more.
- Winter Celebration on Webster Join WABA for the annual holiday tradition of a visit from Santa Claus and shopping at favorite local boutiques and restaurants on Webster Street the third weekend in December. Kids can have their photos taken with Santa in his “village,” while parents browse indie craft vendors and taste beer and wine.
To find out more about any of these events taking place on Webster Street, visit the all-new www.westalamedabusiness.com.