Nominations Open for Community Service Awards
Residents of the City of Alameda are invited to recognize individuals, local nonprofit organizations and businesses for their exemplary dedication to community service and improving the common good of Alameda with a Community Service Award. Nomination packets may be downloaded now at https://tinyurl.com/2019serviceawards.
Nominations may come from anyone in the community. Email nominations to abagtas@
alamedaca.gov no later than 5 p.m. on Friday, Sept. 20. Nominations are accepted in eight categories:
- Community Service Jim Franz Lifetime Achievement Award
- Community Service Volunteer of the Year Award
- Community Service Individual Award
- Community Service Non-Profit Board Member Award
- Community Service Non-Profit Organization Award
- Community Service Youth Award
- Community Service Business Person Award
- Community Service Business Award
Mayor Marilyn Ezzy Ashcraft and the City of Alameda’s Social Service Human Relations Board will honor this year’s recipients at the sixth annual Community Service Awards Ceremony set for Thursday, Nov. 7, from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. in the Elks Lodge ballroom, 2255 Santa Clara Ave. Admission is free. Light dinner will be served. Seating is limited.
Reserve by Friday, Nov. 1, at: https://2019community-service-awards.eventbrite.com.