No Sign of Andrew Jackson
City Workers recently removed the sign that had defined Jackson Park. In 1895, the city opened “Alameda Park” on property that once belonged to local railroad baron A. A. Cohen. In 1909, the city renamed the park for President Andrew Jackson. The city’s Recreation and Parks Commission voted to rename the park. A new name has not yet been chosen.