New! Catch a Free Ride on the 2nd Friday ArtWalk Shuttle
There’s always something happening in Downtown Alameda during the 2nd Friday ArtWalks: artist receptions, live music and dancing or shopping and dining. And now the 2nd Friday ArtWalk Shuttle makes it even easier to experience a fun-filled evening.
The new 2nd Friday ArtWalk Shuttle loops around the Island from 6 to 9 p.m. with several stops in Oakland’s Jingletown and along Park and Webster streets. Guests can go from venue to venue at their own pace by walking or catching a ride on the hourly loop shuttle.
Catch a ride on the free shuttle during the next 2nd Friday ArtWalk this Friday, July 12, and enjoy these special happenings:
Shuttle Stops: 1333 Park St. & 2309 Encinal Ave.
• 3Dot Art Gallery (2309A Encinal Ave.) Hand-sculpted jewelry in unique styles by artist Sara Edge. Closing reception, 7 to 11 p.m.
• Studio 23 (2309B Encinal Ave.) 100 Under 100 Group Art Show -- East Bay’s most affordable art show. Closing reception, 7 to 9:30 p.m.
• The Local (1333 Park St.) Horns a Plenty Brass Band. 7 to 8:30 p.m.
Shuttle Stops: 2300 Lincoln Ave. & 1523 Park St.
• Autobody Fine Art (1517 Park St.) Paintings, mixed media, sculpture, prints and lithographs by artists housed in the gallery studios. 7 to 9 p.m.
• Curated (1523 Park St.) Art gallery and fine furniture shopping experience.
• The Space (2319 Santa Clara Ave., Suite B) Group Show with some of the Bay Area’s top artists. Also featuring a never-before-seen drawing by a historically famous painter. 6 to 9 p.m.
• PHOENIX (2315 Lincoln Ave.) Coworking space and art studios. Open house, 6 to 9 p.m.
• Speisekammer (2424 Lincoln Ave.) Irish sessions with Brian Thierault & Burke T. 8:30 to 10:30 p.m.
Shuttle Stops: 1700 Park St., 1820 Park St., & 1645 Park St.
• NoFu Skincare Studio (2531 Clement Ave.) Rotating artist display. Snacks, wine, beer, and dancing! 6 to 9 p.m.
• Alameda Island Brewing Co. (1716 Park St.) Rotating artist display.
• McGee’s Bar & Grill (1645 Park St.) The next generation of MILO returns to McGee’s with great music for a fun evening with lots of dancing. 9 to 11:30 p.m.
The launching of the free 2nd Friday ArtWalk Shuttle was made possible by a grant from the City of Alameda’s Public Art Fund along with sponsorship from Sierra Nevada, MV Transit, and ARTPUSH.
The 2nd Friday ArtWalks are free to attend. Check the official website for updated show listings, walking map and shuttle schedule: www.fridayartwalk.com.
Discover more about the great food and drink establishments, charming shops, friendly services and fun things to do in Downtown Alameda at www.DowntownAlameda.com.