More New Year's Eve Fun
- 2 to 3 p.m. Family Nature Fun Hour: “New Year’s Eve Beach Cleanup.”: End the year by helping out the bay and its wildlife; then discover what’s new in the Visitors Center. Crab Cove, 1252 McKay Ave. (Info: 544-3187)
- 2 to 4 p.m. Family Game Day: Community board game program; free for youth ages 8 and older. Parents/guardians must be present. Main Branch of the Alameda Free Library, 1550 Oak St. (Info: 747-7705)
- 5:30 to 10 p.m. Christmas Tree Lane: Final night. Thompson Avenue between Fernside Boulevard and High Street.
- 7:30 p.m. to 1 a.m. New Year’s Celebration: New Year’s Eve party featuring dancing to the big band classics by The Swinging Blue Stars. Food and beverages available for purchase; silent auction; free dance lessons. Tickets: $55 to $95. USS Hornet Museum, 707 W. Hornet Ave. Pier 3, Alameda Point (Info, tix: 521-8448, Ext. 225 or www.hornetevents.com)
- Pajama Movie Night at the Alameda Theatre. Upgrade to a truly big screen on Dec. 31. For the regular price of movie admission, guests are welcome to come wearing pajamas and enjoy free pinball games, live music and magic, photo ops with costumed characters and any movie on the theater's marquee. Special kid-friendly items at the snack bar. Movies ending at 9 p.m. and midnight will be treated to an on-screen New Year’s countdown to welcome the new year.
Alameda Theatre & Cineplex is located at 2317 Central Ave. Find out more at www.alamedatheatres.com.