It’s Time to Name the ‘Teacher of the Year’
Do you know a teacher who goes above and beyond in and out of the classroom? Alameda Unified School District (AUSD) is now accepting nominations for its Teacher of the Year program. Designed to honor and recognize excellent teachers in AUSD, the Teacher of the Year award has in past years gone to a wide range of teachers. These include:
- Alameda High School’s John Dalton teacher who helps students learn the craft of media production and storytelling.
- Alameda High School’s Michael Lamb who dedicates many hours to making sure his students understand the complexity of advanced math.
- Maya Lin School’s Elizabeth Young who has shown outstanding commitment to her Title 1 students.
- Lincoln Middle School’s Chris Hansen who started an innovative anti-bullying program.
- Alameda Science and Technology Institute’s Tracy Corbally, who introduced her students to innovative thinking and reading skills in the classroom).
Anyone can nominate a teacher, including parents, students, staff and community members. Nomination forms are available in the Spotlight section page of the AUSD home page. The deadline is 3 p.m., Tuesday, Feb. 9.