Homemade Ice Cream in a Bag
What better way to spend some quality time while sheltering in place than to make something delicious to share with your family? Ice Cream in a Bag may be just cool enough for everyone to have fun with.
Ice Cream in a Bag
Calories: 190 cal
• 1 cup half and half
• 1.5 tsp vanilla extract
• 1 tbsp sugar
• 1/4 cup salt
• Ziploc bags 1 Small, 1 Large
• Pour 1 cup of half and half into a small ziploc bag.
• Add 1.5 teaspoons of vanilla extract and 1 tablespoon of sugar.
• Seal the bag firmly and get any excess air out.
• In the larger ziploc bag, fill it about 1/2 way with ice. Add 1/4 cup of salt.
• Then add your small bag and fill with extra ice on top. Seal the large bag.
• Get gloves for shaking and shake for 6 minutes. *Gloves are needed since the salt makes the ice extra cold.
• Take the small bag out of the large bag and rinse the outside of the small bag with cold water. Make sure to rinse out the top part of the bag also (above the seal).
• Once done rinsing, carefully open the small bag to not get any remaining salt from the outside of the bag inside the bag.
• The ice cream will be a little icy looking to start. Use a spoon to mix it around and soften it up a bit. Scoop out and enjoy with your favorite toppings.