Compiled by AFD Capt. Rick Murray and Dennis Evanosky
Monday, Jan. 19
Emergency medical responses: 12:06 a.m. San Antonio Avenue; 1:57 a.m. Willow Street; 7:42 a.m. Corpus Christi Road; 7:59 a.m. Fernside Boulevard; 8:02 a.m. San Jose Avenue; 8:42 a.m. Willow; 9:42 a.m. Otis Drive; 10:45 a.m. Central Avenue; 1:15 p.m. Fountain Street; 1:39 p.m. Invincible Court; 1:54 p.m. Otis; 4:42 p.m. Island Drive; 5:01 p.m. Morton Street; 5:29 p.m. Willow; 5:39 p.m. Coleport Landing; 7:39 p.m. Gainsborough Court; 9:22 p.m. Neptune Gardens Avenue.
Fire responses: 3:15 a.m. 1000 block of Marina Village Parkway, commercial fire alarm.
• 8:54 a.m. 400 block of Sunset Road, report of sparks coming from a wall outlet. Crewmembers turned off the power and inspected the area behind the outlet to check for any heat or obvious signs of fire, but found none. Firefighters instructed the property manager to have an electrician replace the malfunctioning outlet.
• 2:44 p.m. 2300 block of Blanding Avenue, commercial fire alarm.
• 5:44 p.m. 1800 block of Chestnut Street, report of the odor of natural gas inside a home. Firefighters used an atmospheric monitor to inspect the air for hazardous gases but found none. They reported the incident to Pacific Gas & Electric Co.
• 6:57 p.m. 400 block of Pensacola Lane, report of smoke inside a home. Firefighters met with the resident who told them that there was no fire. He had burned food on the stove, which caused the smoke. Firefighters made certain that there was no fire, turned off the power to the stove, removed the burned food and ventilated the residence of all residual smoke.
Tuesday, Jan. 20
Emergency medical responses: 1 a.m. Westline Drive; 4:29 a.m. Fernside Boulevard; 5:22 a.m. Westline; 6:13 a.m. Willow Street; 7:09 a.m. Willow; 8:20 a.m. Benton Street; 8:27 a.m. Eagle Avenue; 9:06 a.m. Blanding Avenue; 9:28 a.m. South Shore Center; 9:37 a.m., 10:01 a.m., and 10:07 a.m. Mariner Square Loop; 10:12 a.m. Buena Vista Avenue; 12:49 p.m. Azalea Drive; 2:06 p.m. Poggi Street; 4:13 p.m. Alameda Avenue; 6:30 p.m. Eagle; 7:20 p.m. Ralph Appezzato Memorial Parkway; 7:46 p.m. South Shore Center; 7:57 p.m. Park Street; 8:43 p.m. San Jose Avenue; 8:47 p.m. Ohlone Street; 10:24 p.m. Regent Street; 10:41 p.m. Hollister Avenue.
Fire responses: 2:08 p.m. 1000 block of Marina Village Parkway, commercial fire alarm.
• 6:35 p.m. and 8:18 p.m. 1000 block of Marina Village Parkway, commercial fire alarms.
Wednesday, Jan. 21
Emergency medical responses: 3:47 a.m. Lincoln Avenue; 8:13 a.m. Tahiti Lane; 8:53 p.m. Eagle Avenue; 8:54 a.m. Lina Avenue; 8:58 a.m. Central Avenue; 10:29 a.m. San Jose Avenue; 10:33 a.m. Clinton Avenue; 10:36 a.m. Marina Village Parkway; 11:34 a.m. Park Street; 11:48 a.m. Haight Avenue; 11:54 a.m. Broadway; 12:20 p.m. Otis Drive; 12:38 p.m. Santa Clara Avenue; 4:41 p.m. Santa Clara; 5:16 p.m. Willow Street; 6:13 p.m. Central; 6:20 p.m. Willow; 7:12 p.m. South Shore Center; 9:18 p.m. Willow; 9:48 p.m. and 9:52 p.m. Cerro Vista.
Fire responses: 2:34 p.m. 100 block of Parfait Lane, residential fire alarm.
• 4:34 p.m. Fifth Street, block number not given, report of smoldering dried brush near a residence. Firefighters found a small area of burned dry brush. They made certain there was no fire. The cause is suspicious; there was no property damage.
• 5:06 p.m. 500 block of Willie Stargell Avenue, commercial fire alarm.
Thursday, Jan. 22
Emergency medical responses: 2:07 a.m. Park Street; 8:49 a.m. Rudsdale Street in Oakland; 9:30 a.m. Stanton Street; 9:52 a.m. Sunset Road; 10:24 a.m. Fifth Street; 11:56 a.m. Blanding Avenue; 1:53 p.m. Clinton Avenue; 4:47 p.m. Atlantic Avenue; 5:32 p.m. Hibbard Street; 6:20 p.m. Lincoln Avenue; 7:06 p.m. Maple Way; 7:41 p.m. Sunset; 11:41 p.m. Lincoln.
Fire response: 12:58 a.m. 2200 block of San Antonio Avenue, report of smoke inside a home. Firefighters met with the resident who told them he could not determine the source of the smoke. Firefighters investigated, but were unable to locate anything unusual. They advised the resident to call back if the odor returned.
Friday, Jan. 23
Emergency medical responses: 12:38 a.m. Willow Street; 1:29 a.m. Park Street; 3:21 a.m. Willie Stargell Avenue; 6 a.m. Rosewood Way; 7:12 a.m. Shore Line Drive; 8:45 a.m. Harrison Street in Oakland; 10:02 a.m. Regent Street; 10:22 a.m. Garden Road; 10:49 a.m. Paru Street; 3:47 p.m. Eagle Avenue; 4:19 p.m. Otis Drive; 4:35 p.m. Laurel Street; 4:50 p.m. Atlantic Avenue; 5:09 p.m. Lincoln Avenue; 5:19 p.m. Harbor Bay Parkway; 5:49 p.m. South Shore Center; 6:07 p.m. Corpus Christi Road; 6:21 p.m. Channing Way; 6:54 p.m. Santa Clara Avenue; 8:36 p.m. Chestnut Street; 11:13 p.m. Lincoln.
Fire responses: 9:50 a.m. 1700 block of Webster Street, apartment fire alarm.
• 10:53 a.m. 700 block of Atlantic Avenue, commercial fire alarm.
Saturday, Jan. 24
Emergency medical responses: 1:02 a.m. Bannister Court; 9:19 a.m. Pacific Avenue; 11:03 a.m. Constance Circle; 11:59 a.m. Stardust Place; 12:44 p.m. Fifth Street; 3:52 p.m. South Shore Center; 7:20 p.m. Coral Reef Road; 7:32 p.m. Willow Street; 8:20 p.m. Shore Line Drive; 8:53 p.m. Lincoln Avenue; 10:01 p.m. Pacific; 10:13 p.m. Park Street; 11:56 p.m. Corpus Christi Road.
Fire response: 11:31 p.m. 1300 block of Marina Village Parkway, commercial fire alarm.
Sunday, Jan. 25
Emergency medical responses: 12:40 a.m. Buena Vista Avenue; 1:56 a.m. Central Avenue; 2:22 a.m. Webster Street; 4:12 a.m. Union Street; 7:59 a.m. Santa Clara Avenue; 8:04 a.m. Invincible Court; 9:15 a.m. Willow Street; 12:32 p.m. Marina Village Parkway; 1:27 p.m. Shore Line Drive; 2:32 p.m. Island Drive; 7:30 p.m. Mariner Square Drive; 9:54 p.m. Invincible; 9:54 p.m. South Shore Center.
Fire responses: 5:46 p.m. 800 block of Island Drive, report of smoldering landscape bark in a parking lot. Firefighters investigated to make certain that there was no fire.
6:21 p.m. 1200 block of McKay Avenue, commercial fire alarm.