Fire response: 11:21 a.m. 400 block of Pacific Avenue, commercial fire alarm.
Wednesday, Feb. 4
Emergency medical responses: 12:25 a.m. Webster Street; 12:36 a.m. Lincoln Avenue; 12:41 a.m. Lincoln; 5:38 a.m. Shore Line Drive; 7:22 a.m. Willow Street; 8:33 a.m. Maitland Drive; 9:54 a.m. Purcell Drive; 10:37 a.m. Post Street; 2:05 p.m. Ravens Cove Lane; 2:21 p.m. Harbor Bay Parkway; 2:49 p.m. Santa Clara Avenue; 6:46 p.m. San Antonio Avenue; 7:44 p.m. Atlantic Avenue; 7:44 p.m. Park Street; 10:29 p.m. Hollister Avenue.
Fire responses: 3:32 a.m. and 6:48 a.m. 2000 block of Clinton Avenue, commercial fire alarms.
• 4:07 a.m. 400 block of Buena Vista Avenue, apartment fire alarm.
• 7:55 a.m. 1700 block of Encinal Avenue, report of the odor of natural gas inside a home. Firefighters were unable to detect the smell of natural gas and discovered no hazardous gas using their atmospheric monitor. Crewmembers advised the resident to call Pacific Gas and Electric Co. (PG&E) and request that a PG&E crew inspect the home’s gas fittings.
• 11:16 a.m. 900 block of Shorepoint Court, apartment fire alarm.
• 8:21 p.m. 2500 block of Eagle Avenue, report of smoke
coming from the rear of a
property. Firefighters investigated, but found no smoke and no
Fire responses: 7:59 a.m. Pacific Avenue and Eighth Street, report of the odor of natural gas. Firefighters were unable to detect any natural gas odors. They determined that there was no emergency.
• 11:22 a.m. 400 block of Buena Vista Avenue, apartment fire alarm.
• 10:44 p.m. 1700 block of Cambridge Drive, report of smoke inside a residence. Firefighters met with the homeowner who told them that malfunctioning microwave oven had caused the smoke. Crewmembers made certain that there was no fire, turned off the power to the microwave oven and ventilated the home of residual smoke. They advised resident to have the appliance serviced before using it again.
Friday, Feb. 6
Emergency medical responses: 4:09 a.m. Mariner Square Drive; 4:26 a.m. Island Drive; 8:05 a.m. Taylor Avenue; 8:07 a.m. Coleport Landing; 1:41 p.m. Ironwood Road; 3:11 p.m. Blanding Avenue; 4:29 p.m. Park Street; 6:50 p.m. Central Avenue; 9:58 p.m. Pacific Avenue.
Fire responses: 6:21 a.m. 1400 block of Santa Clara Avenue, citizen assist.
• 10:33 a.m. 1400 block of Bay Street, report of water flooding an apartment. Crewmembers spoke with the homeowner who told them that a water line in his bathroom had ruptured. Firefighters used a water vacuum to remove standing water. They advised the apartment manager to make necessary repairs.
• 1:34 p.m. "A" Avenue, block number not given, commercial fire alarm.
• 4:53 p.m. and 6 p.m. 1900 block of Third Street, commercial fire alarms.
• 11:32 p.m. 3100 block of Santa Cruz Lane, residential fire alarm.
Saturday, Feb. 2
Emergency medical responses: 1:17 a.m. Channing Way; 5:23 a.m. Lincoln Avenue; 5:34 a.m. South Shore Center; 5:35 a.m. Clinton Avenue; 7:45 a.m. Melrose Avenue; 9:23 a.m. Garfield Avenue; 11:43 a.m. Lincoln Avenue; 1:57 p.m. Webster Street; 3:24 p.m. Blanding Avenue; 5:38 p.m. Santa Cruz Lane; 7:36 p.m. High Street; 10:27 p.m. Lincoln; 10:41 p.m. Lincoln; 11:36 p.m. Lincoln.
Fire responses: 1:31 p.m. 2000 block of Encinal Avenue, report of smoke inside the residence. Firefighters met with the homeowner who told them that burned food had caused the smoke. Firefighters made certain that there was no fire and ventilated the home of all residual smoke.