Compiled by AFD Capt. Rick Murray and Dennis Evanosky
Monday, March 2
Emergency medical responses: 1:34 a.m. Union Street; 5:49 a.m. Otis Drive; 9:45 a.m. Webster Street; 10:54 a.m. Pacific Avenue; 12:01 p.m. Tonga Lane; 1:08 p.m. Morton Street; 1:45 p.m. Willow Street; 5:31 p.m. South Shore Center, 6:29 p.m. Ballena Boulevard; 8:43 p.m. Central Avenue; 9:30 p.m. Third Street; 10:10 p.m. Shore Line Drive.
Fire responses: 2:16 a.m. 2100 block of Clement Avenue, commercial fire alarm.
• 6 a.m. and 6:26 a.m. 900 block of Shorepoint Court, apartment fire alarms.
• 3:09 p.m. 2200 block of Encinal Avenue, commercial fire alarm.
• 7:25 p.m. 4000 block of Nimitz Drive, report of a residential carbon-monoxide alarm activating. Firefighters used an atmospheric monitor to inspect for hazardous gases, but found none. They checked the gas appliances for leaks and advised the homeowner to replace the old alarm.
Fire response: 2:55 p.m. 1000 block of Atlantic Avenue, report of the smell of smoke around a heating, ventilation and air-conditioning (HVAC) unit. Firefighters determined that there was no fire; the HVAC motor was overheating. They shut down the unit and advised the building’s maintenance crew to have it inspected.
Wednesday, March 4
Emergency medical responses: 6:56 a.m. Willow Street; 9:54 a.m. Central Avenue; 10:20 a.m. Webster Street; 12:14 p.m. Tideway Drive; 2:31 p.m. Grand Street; 2:40 p.m. Buena Vista Avenue; 3:43 p.m. Park Street; 4:13 p.m. Marina Village Parkway; 5:39 p.m. Webster Street; 7:42 p.m. Central Avenue; 9:12 p.m. Eagle Avenue; 9:17 p.m. Taylor Avenue.
Fire responses: 4:34 p.m. 2000 block of Central Avenue, citizen assist.
• 5:14 p.m. 500 block of Ralph Appezzato Memorial Parkway, report of smoke in a building. Firefighters determined an overheating motor on an HVAC unit was blowing smoke into the building. They shut down the unit and advised the maintenance staff to repair the malfunctioning system.
Thursday, March 5
Emergency medical responses: 1:18 a.m. Sea Bridge Way; 7:58 a.m. Central Avenue; 10:12 a.m. Second Street; 10:43 a.m. Union Street; 11:02 a.m. Lincoln Avenue; 11:06 a.m. Willow Street; 12:18 p.m. Tideway Drive; 1:14 p.m. South Shore Center, 1:24 p.m. Third Street; 3:28 p.m. Holly Street; 3:51 p.m. Atlantic Avenue; 5:49 p.m. Stanton Street; 7:38 p.m. Webster Street; 8:22 p.m. Delmar Avenue.
Fire responses: 6:34 a.m. 1100 block of Harbor Bay Parkway, commercial fire alarm.
• 6:40 a.m. Constitution Way, block number not given, report of an outside trash can fire. Firefighters used a water extinguisher to put out the fire.
• 9:56 a.m. Fifth Street, block number not given, commercial fire alarm.
• 12:11 p.m. 400 block of Buena Vista Avenue, apartment fire alarm.
• 6:13 p.m. 1400 block of High Street, report of a vehicle on fire. Firefighters used a booster line to extinguish an engine fire and had the vehicle towed for repairs.
• 6:21 p.m. Webster Street, block number not given, report of an outside trash bin on fire. Firefighters used a booster line to extinguish the fire.
Friday, March 6
Emergency medical responses: 6:54 a.m. Broadway; 7:47 a.m. Lincoln Avenue; 10:13 a.m. Park Avenue; 10:46 a.m. Park Street; 12:20 p.m. Otis Drive; 1:21 p.m. Bay Street; 1:27 p.m. Maitland Drive; 1:36 p.m. Otis; 1:47 p.m. Fifth Street; 1:50 p.m. Island Drive; 3:22 p.m. Otis; 8:33 p.m. Blanding Avenue; 9:26 Central Avenue; 11:27 p.m. Blanding; 11:42 p.m. Shore Line Drive.
Fire responses: 1:17 a.m. 1000 block of Atlantic Avenue, commercial fire alarm.
• 7:58 a.m. 200 block of Beach Road, residential fire alarm.
• 11:02 a.m. 2400 block of Shore Line Drive, residential fire alarm.
• 11:43 a.m. 3400 block of Tonga Lane, residential fire alarm.
• 2:55 p.m. 500 block of Buena Vista Avenue, apartment fire alarm.
• 5:08 p.m. 1600 block of Park Street, commercial fire alarm.
Saturday, March 7
Emergency medical responses: 12:12 a.m. Willow Street; 4:57 a.m. Shore Line Drive; 10:08 a.m. 89th Avenue in Oakland; 10:10 a.m. Park Avenue; 10:33 a.m. Buena Vista Avenue; 11:13 a.m. Clinton Avenue; 12:32 p.m. Norwich Road; 2:18 p.m. Mariner Square Drive; 2:37 p.m. Mariner Square Drive; 3:32 p.m. Buena Vista; 3:33 p.m. Lincoln Avenue; 4:11 p.m. Webster Street; 5:06 p.m. Sixth Street; 5:29 p.m. Mecartney Road; 5:49 p.m. Mecartney; 6:36 p.m. Mariner Square Drive; 6:39 p.m. Anchor Way; 8:22 p.m. Centre Court; 9:13 p.m. Park Street.
Fire response: 8:04 p.m. 500 block of Buena Vista Avenue, apartment fire alarm.
Sunday, March 2
Emergency medical responses: 12 a.m. Park Street; 1:06 a.m. Santa Clara Avenue; 9:13 a.m. East 20th Street in Oakland; 2:09 p.m. Lincoln Avenue; 2:31 p.m. Ralph Appezzato Memorial Parkway; 2:53 p.m. Santa Clara; 2:56 p.m. Third Street; 4:06 p.m. Clinton Avenue; 4:48 p.m. Shore Line Drive; 5:07 p.m. Union Street; 5:32 p.m. Shore Line; 5:40 p.m. Shore Line; 6:27 p.m. Inverness Way; 6:43 p.m. Lafayette Street; 7:08 p.m. Park Street; 7:36 p.m. Paru Street; 8:02 p.m. Broadway; 8:43 p.m. Blanding Avenue; 10:33 p.m. Newport Road.
Fire responses: 121 a.m. Santa Clara Avenue, block number not given, commercial fire alarm.
• 9:49 p.m. 500 block of Buena Vista Avenue, apartment fire alarm.
• 11:32 p.m. 1200 block of South Loop Road, citizen assist.