Compiled by AFD Capt. Rick Murray and Dennis Evanosky
Monday, April 20
Emergency medical responses: 3:44 a.m. Willow Street; 5:51 a.m. Barbers Point Road; 11:34 a.m. Atlantic Avenue; 12:22 p.m. Garden Road; 1:16 p.m. Willow; 1:49 p.m. High Street; 3:08 p.m. Oak Street; 3:52 p.m. Clinton Avenue; 6:57 p.m. Creedon Circle; 9:06 p.m. Pensacola Lane; 9:45 p.m. Sherman Street; 10:54 p.m. Verdi Street.
Fire responses: 9:21 a.m. 2600 block of Fifth Street, commercial fire alarm.
• 10:53 a.m. 1600 block of Paru Street, report of a residential structure fire. Firefighters met with the resident who told them that a small carpet had caught fire. Crewmembers made certain that the fire was completely out. They determined that an overloaded electrical outlet had caused the small fire. Crewmembers advised the resident to have an electrician inspect the outlet before using it again.
• 1:55 p.m. 1700 block of Paru Street, residential fire alarm.
• 7:52 p.m. 600 block of Buena Vista Avenue, call to assist the Alameda Police Department.
• 9:44 p.m. 400 block of Baywood Road, report of the odor of natural gas in a home. The odor had dissipated by the time the firefighters arrived. They used an atmospheric monitor to inspect the air for hazardous gas, but found none. Crewmembers advised the resident to call back if the odor returned.
Tuesday, April 21
Emergency medical responses: 12:09 a.m. Eagle Avenue; 1:01 a.m. Morton Street; 1:34 a.m. Westline Drive; 2:25 a.m. Bali Lane; 3:02 a.m. Centre Court; 5:59 a.m. San Jose Avenue; 8:07 a.m. Otis Drive; 9:53 a.m. Ralph Appezzato Memorial Parkway; 9:57 a.m. Clinton Avenue; 10:40 a.m. Santa Clara Avenue; 12:04 p.m. Webster Street; 12:32 p.m. Atlantic Avenue; 2:59 p.m. South Shore Center; 3:17 p.m. Park Street; 5:16 p.m. Fernside Boulevard; 5:34 p.m. Willow Street; 8:15 p.m. Broadway; 11:35 p.m. Park Street.
Fire responses: 11:25 a.m. 1200 block of Harbor Bay Parkway, commercial fire alarm.
Fire responses: 10:03 a.m. 1100 block of Harbor Bay Parkway, commercial fire alarm.
• 3:44 p.m. 2100 block of Lincoln Avenue, citizen assist.
Thursday, April 23
Emergency medical responses: 2:58 a.m. Buena Vista Avenue; 7:14 a.m. McKay Avenue; 7:50 a.m. Sterling Avenue; 8:20 a.m. Mitchell Avenue; 9:45 a.m. Mariner Square Drive; 10:18 a.m. Buena Vista Avenue; 11:06 a.m. Chapin Street; 12:43 p.m. Willow Street; 2:38 p.m. Park Street; 2:49 p.m. Willow; 4:02 p.m. Rosewood Way; 4:40 p.m. Clinton Avenue; 5 p.m., Ninth Street; 5:54 p.m. San Jose Avenue; 6:56 p.m. Russet Street in Oakland.
Fire responses: 6:26 a.m. 700 block of Grand Street, residential fire alarm.
• 8:03 a.m. Intersection of Fifth Street and Willie Stargell Avenue, residential fire alarm.
• 9:20 a.m. 1300 block of Park Street, commercial fire alarm.
• 6:55 p.m. 3200 block of Briggs Avenue, citizen assist.
• 11:23 p.m. 1200 block of South Loop Road, commercial fire alarm.
Friday, April 24
Emergency medical responses: 3:15 a.m. Fairway Place; 8:20 a.m. College Avenue; 8:42 a.m. Central Avenue; 9:50 a.m. Westline Drive; 10:57 a.m. Fifth Street; 11:09 a.m. Santa Clara Avenue; 1:24 p.m. Park Avenue; 1:28 p.m. Park Street; 2:19 p.m. Shore Line Drive; 3:20 p.m. Jack London Avenue; 4:05 p.m. Gibbons Drive; 4:47 p.m. Lincoln Avenue; 11:35 p.m. Encinal Avenue.
Fire responses: 12:06 p.m. Intersection of Mitchell and "A" avenues, report of a smoldering shipping container. Firefighters met with shipping personnel who explained that a small amount of smoke had come from a shipping container when they opened it.
Shipping personnel had already hosed the material in the container down before the firefighters arrived. Crewmembers made certain that there was no fire and turned the scene over to the shipping personnel.
• 4:25 p.m. 500 block of Buena Vista Avenue, apartment fire alarm.
Saturday, April 25
Emergency medical responses: 6:33 a.m. Encinal Avenue; 8:02 a.m. Cedar Street; 11:06 a.m. Central Avenue; 1:20 p.m. Central; 2:31 p.m. Santa Clara Avenue; 5:43 p.m. Atlantic Avenue; 5:49 p.m. Sherman Street; 8:44 p.m. East 12th Street in Oakland; 9:11 p.m. Lincoln Avenue; 9:55 p.m. Buena Vista Avenue; 10:33 p.m. Webster Street; 11:22 p.m. Barbers Point Road.
Fire responses: 3:59 a.m. 1700 block of Shore Line Drive, apartment fire alarm.
• 11:35 a.m. Intersection of Atlantic Avenue and Challenger Drive, report of a motorcycle leaking gasoline onto the street. Firefighters used an absorbent to contain and remove a small amount of gasoline. The motorcycle was towed for repairs.