Compiled by AFD Capt. Rick Murray and Dennis Evanosky
Sunday, Dec. 28
Emergency medical responses: 9:31 a.m. Eagle Avenue; 9:45 a.m. Cumberland Court; 10:39 a.m. Otis Drive; 11:22 a.m. West Red Line Avenue; 7:20 p.m. Park Street; 7:34 p.m. Webster Street; 11:39 p.m. Willow Street.
Fire responses: 2:05 p.m. 400 block of Lincoln Avenue, apartment fire alarm.
• 2:23 p.m. 1300 block of Marina Village Parkway, commercial fire alarm.
Monday, Dec. 29
Emergency medical responses: 1:32 a.m. Lincoln Avenue; 3:34 a.m. Lincoln; 8:07 a.m. High Street; 9:47 a.m. Broadway; 9:55 a.m. Main Street; 10 a.m. Park Street; 10:34 a.m. Willow Street; 10:53 a.m. Schiller Street; 2:53 p.m. Otis Drive; 3:19 p.m. Eagle Avenue; 4:31 p.m. South Shore Center; 5:01 p.m. Invincible Court; 5:37 p.m. Central Avenue.
Fire responses: 9:54 a.m. 500 block of Buena Vista Avenue, apartment fire alarm.
• 8:59 p.m. 500 block of Buena Vista, apartment fire alarm.
• 9:54 p.m. 1300 block of Marina Village Parkway, commercial fire alarm.
Tuesday, Dec. 30
Emergency medical responses: 2:07 a.m. Poggi Street; 5:41 a.m. Park Street; 8:13 a.m. Oak Street; 9:36 a.m. Otis Drive; 10:14 a.m. Ballena Boulevard; 10:32 a.m. Santa Clara Avenue; 10:35 a.m. Laguna Vista; 1:01 p.m. Santa Clara; 2:07 p.m. Central Avenue; 4:36 p.m. Walnut Street; 6:42 p.m. Dennison Street in Oakland; 8:19 p.m. Pacific Avenue; 9:32 p.m. Franklin Street in Oakland.
Fire responses: 2:10 p.m. 900 block of Shorepoint Court, apartment fire alarm.
• 3 p.m. San Antonio Avenue, block number not given, request to assist Department of Public Works, and Alameda Municipal Power (AMP) with a downed street pole.
• 4:16 p.m. 2200 block of Central Avenue, commercial fire alarm.
• 4:21 p.m. 1600 block of Lincoln Avenue, citizen assist.
• 6:46 p.m. 2000 block of Pacific Avenue, report of an oven fire. Firefighters met with the homeowner who said the fire was out. Firefighters made certain that the fire was out and that no heat had built up behind the stove. They turned off the power to the stove and advised the homeowner to have the oven inspected before using it again.
• 9:15 p.m. 2200 block of Central, commercial fire alarm.
Wednesday, Dec. 31
Emergency medical responses: 8:07 a.m. Central Avenue; 11:42 a.m. Versailles Avenue; 1:13 p.m. Rosewood Way; 2:29 p.m. Park Street; 2:33 p.m. South Shore Center; 5:28 p.m. Marina Village Parkway; 5:40 p.m. Marina Village; 6:20 p.m. Broadway; 8:38 p.m. Versailles; 8:41 p.m. Lincoln Avenue; 10:03 p.m. Coliseum Way in Oakland; 11:11 p.m. Park Street; 11:43 p.m. Westline Drive.
Fire response: 5:37 p.m. 400 block of Central Avenue, report of overheated power lines. Firefighters found no active fire on the power lines. They waited for an AMP crew to turn off the power to the lines. Firefighters turned the scene over to the AMP crewmembers when they arrived.
Thursday, Jan. 1
Emergency medical responses: 1:48 a.m. Park Street; 3:19 a.m. Shepardson Lane; 6:44 a.m. Park Street; 7:37 a.m. Hibbard Street; 11:45 a.m. Central Avenue; 12:14 p.m. Eagle Avenue; 12:52 p.m. Fifth Street; 1:04 p.m. Walnut Street; 1:08 p.m. Briggs Avenue; 3:14 p.m. Park Street; 3:28 p.m. Santa Clara Avenue; 3:30 p.m. Shore Line Drive; 4:56 p.m. South Shore Center; 5:15 p.m. San Antonio Avenue; 6:20 p.m. Eighth Street; 7:01 p.m. Salmon Road; 7:10 p.m. Sunset Road; 7:11 p.m. Jouett Square; 7:16 p.m. Central; 7:23 p.m. Atlantic Avenue; 8:06 p.m. Shore Line; 8:45 p.m. Sand Hook Isle; 9:18 p.m. Alameda Avenue; 11:10 p.m. Central.
Fire responses: 11:35 a.m. 2200 block of Shore Line Drive, report of a small brush fire on the beach. Firefighters used a booster line to extinguish the fire. There were no responsible persons near the fire.
• 3:44 p.m. Central Avenue, block number not given, citizen assist.
Friday, Jan. 2
Emergency medical responses: 3:05 a.m. Santa Clara Avenue; 6:39 a.m. Marina Village Parkway; 6:41 a.m. Shannon Circle; 8:07 a.m. Santa Clara; 9:18 a.m. Neptune Gardens Avenue; 9:51 a.m. Clinton Avenue; 10:13 a.m. Blanding Avenue; 10:32 a.m. Park Avenue; 10:45 a.m. Broadway; 11:30 a.m. Willow Street; 1:42 p.m. Clubhouse Memorial Road; 3:52 p.m. Haight Avenue; 3:57 p.m. Liberty Avenue; 4:35 p.m. San Antonio Avenue; 5:03 p.m. Buena Vista Avenue; 5:33 p.m. Park Avenue; 10:18 p.m. Blanding; 11:09 p.m. Willow; 11:18 p.m. Blanding; 11:23 p.m. Brush Street; 11:33 p.m. Willow.
Fire responses: 12:02 p.m. 1400 block of Oak Street, commercial fire alarm.
• 7:22 p.m. 500 block of Buena Vista Avenue, apartment fire alarm.
• 8:18 p.m. Marina Village Parkway, block number not given, commercial fire alarm.
• 8:32 p.m. 2300 block of Buena Vista, apartment fire alarm.
Saturday, Jan. 3
Emergency medical responses: 4:02 a.m. Greenbrier Road; 7:11 a.m. Willow Street; 11:10 a.m. Encinal Avenue; 12:14 p.m. Stone Harbor; 1:03 p.m. Grand Street; 1:30 p.m. South Shore Center; 3:52 p.m. Willow; 4:43 p.m. Barbers Point Road; 8:07 p.m. Webster Street; 8:12 p.m. Santa Clara Avenue; 8:44 p.m. San Antonio Avenue; 9:08 p.m. Mariner Square Drive.
Fire responses: There were no fire responses on Saturday, Jan. 3.
Sunday, Jan. 4
Emergency medical responses: 12:05 a.m. Lincoln Avenue; 1:27 a.m. Lincoln; 4:24 a.m. Webster Street; 4:30 a.m. San Jose Avenue; 8:37 a.m. Otis Drive; 9:12 a.m. Atlantic Avenue; 10:05 a.m. Lafayette Street; 10:47 a.m. Central Avenue; 11:42 a.m. Moore Court; 11:47 a.m. Central; 2:36 p.m. South Shore Center; 3:54 p.m. Shore Line Drive; 5:26 p.m. Main Street; 5:50 p.m. Cedar Street; 6:14 p.m. Park Street; 8:32 p.m. Bayview Drive; 11:51 p.m. Park Street.
Fire responses: 6:27 a.m. Packet Landing Road, block number not given, report of a building fire. Firefighters spoke to a person who said he noticed the strong odor of burning wood coming from an outside bathroom. Firefighters determined the odor was coming from an electrical heater that had shorted out and heated up a wooden beam. They turned off the heater and cooled down the smoking beam with a water extinguisher. They made certain there was no fire and notified the property manager about making the necessary repairs.
• 9:58 a.m. 1000 block of Camillia Drive, residential fire alarm.
• 1:31 p.m. 2100 block of Lincoln Avenue, apartment fire alarm.
• 1:41 p.m. 200 block of Cypress Street, apartment fire alarm.
• 3:34 p.m. 1600 block of Santa Clara Avenue, apartment fire alarm.
• 7:07 p.m. 1600 block of Santa Clara, citizen assist.
• 7:45 p.m. 2800 block of Van Buren Street, residential fire alarm.