Compiled by AFD Capt. Rick Murray and Dennis Evanosky
Sunday, July 12
Emergency medical responses: 12:07 a.m. Park Street; 2:59 a.m. 51st Avenue in Oakland; 11:25 a.m. St. Charles Street; 11:31 a.m. Pacific Avenue; 12:36 p.m. Tonga Lane; 2:44 p.m. Grand Street; 3:39 p.m. Shore Line Drive; 4:28 p.m. Sheffield Road; 7:43 p.m. Willow Street; 9:18 p.m. Willie Stargell Avenue.
Fire responses: 2:38 p.m. Intersection of Lincoln Avenue and Park Street, report of a small patch of landscaping bark on fire. Firefighters used a booster line to extinguish the fire.
• 6:08 p.m. 1000 block of West Midway Avenue, report of smoke coming from a vacant commercial building. Firefighters used pre-connected hose lines to extinguish the fire. The cause of the fire is undetermined and under investigation.
Monday, July 13
Emergency medical responses: 4:19 a.m. Pearl Street; 4:42 a.m. Park Street; 7:23 a.m. Corpus Christi Road; 7:59 a.m. Fernside Boulevard; 1:24 p.m. Peach Street; 1:41 p.m. Clinton Avenue; 4:33 p.m. Park Street; 5:23 p.m. Shore Line Drive; 5:42 p.m. Mariner Square Drive; 7:23 p.m. Broadway; 7:58 p.m. Willow Street; 9:22 p.m. Webster Street.
Fire responses: 12:24 a.m. 1200 block of South Loop Road, report of a sprinkler head activating inside an apartment. Firefighters made certain that there was no fire and turned off the water. They also removed standing water from the apartment. Crewmembers could not determine why the sprinkler head activated. They advised the property manager and requested that he have the sprinkler system inspected.
• 5:08 p.m. Intersection of Alameda Avenue and Willow Street, request for assistance from Alameda Police Department.
• 8:41 p.m. 500 block of Buena Vista Avenue, report of smoke inside a residence. Firefighters met with the resident who told them that burned food had caused the smoke. Firefighters made certain that there was no fire before clearing the call.
• 10:26 p.m. 2100 block of Santa Clara Avenue, apartment fire alarm.
• 11:54 p.m. 2200 block of South Shore Center, citizen assist.
Tuesday, July 14
Emergency medical responses: 2:02 a.m. Mound Street; 7:13 a.m. Pacific Avenue; 10:41 a.m. Santa Clara Avenue; 11:16 a.m. Haight Avenue; 12:15 p.m. Orion Street; 1:53 p.m. Coast Guard Island; 2:10 p.m. Briggs Avenue; 3:54 p.m. Sunset Road; 5:56 p.m. Santa Clara Avenue; 9:47 p.m. Lincoln Avenue.
Fire responses: 4:10 a.m. 1700 block of Harbor Bay Parkway, report of a sheared-off fire hydrant in a parking lot. Firefighters found the hydrant shooting water into the air. They turned off the water to the hydrant and notified the East Bay Municipal Utilities District.
• 4:36 a.m. 2300 block of Santa Clara Avenue, apartment fire alarm.
• 4:41 a.m. 1200 block of Harbor Bay Parkway, commercial fire alarm.
• 8:32 a.m. 1100 block of Park Avenue, apartment fire alarm.
• 10:18 a.m. 3000 block of Fillmore Street, commercial fire alarm.
• 1:53 p.m. 1400 block of Park Street, commercial fire alarm.
Wednesday, July 15
Emergency medical responses: 2:34 a.m. Lincoln Avenue; 5:34 a.m. Central Avenue; 7:42 a.m. Poggi Street; 12:53 p.m. Chatham Point; 1:50 p.m. Central Avenue; 2:19 p.m. Buena Vista Avenue; 2:39 p.m. Ferry Point; 8:27 p.m. Buena Vista; 9:04 p.m. Benton Street; 9:34 p.m. Corpus Christi Road; 9:43 p.m. Fiji Lane; 10:07 p.m. Encinal Avenue; 10:41 p.m. Lincoln; 10:50 p.m. Encinal.
Fire responses: 1:40 a.m. 1700 block of Webster Street, commercial fire alarm.
• 7:54 p.m. Ralph Appezzato Memorial Parkway, block number not given, report of a vehicle fire. Firefighters found a parked vehicle with its engine compartment fully involved in flames. They used a pre-connected hose line to extinguish the fire and called for the vehicle to be towed for repairs. The cause of the fire is unknown.
Thursday, July 16
Emergency medical responses: 1:04 a.m. Harbor Road; 1:22 a.m. Santa Clara Avenue; 1:47 a.m. Santa Clara; 2:12 a.m. Sherman Street; 5:23 a.m. Santa Clara; 9:20 a.m. Mariner Square Drive; 9:24 a.m. Broadway; 11:57 a.m. Marina Village Parkway; 12:06 p.m. International Boulevard in Oakland; 12:10 p.m. Mariner Square Drive; 12:14 p.m. Willow Street; 12:43 p.m. Harbor Light Road; 2:44 p.m. Central Avenue; 3:14 p.m. Liberty Avenue; 3:45 p.m. Tonga Lane; 4:35 p.m. Park Avenue; 5:15 p.m. Pacific Avenue; 5:30 p.m. Windsor Drive; 6:59 p.m. Willow; 7:42 p.m. Santa Clara; 8:43 p.m. Webster Street; 9:29 p.m. Broadway; 9:55 p.m. Marina Drive; 10:28 p.m. Buena Vista Avenue; 10:57 p.m. Flora Vista; 11:13 p.m. Santa Clara;11:19 p.m. Lincoln Avenue.
Fire responses: 12:23 a.m. Intersection of Willow Street and Shore Line Drive, report of a small fire on the beach. Firefighters used a water extinguisher to extinguish the fire and informed the residents of the city’s no outside fire ordinance.
• 7:34 p.m. 400 block of Buena Vista Avenue, report of a dog accidentally locked inside a vehicle. Firefighters used auto-entry tools to gain access to the locked vehicle and reunite the dog with its owner.
Friday, July 17
Emergency medical responses: 3:38 a.m. Taylor Avenue; 6:16 a.m. Lincoln Avenue; 6:49 a.m. Willow Street; 8:08 a.m. Gibbons Drive; 10:57 a.m. Jackson Street; 11:03 a.m. Air Cargo Way in Oakland; 11:43 a.m. 13th Avenue in Oakland; 1:55 p.m. Park Street; 4:50 p.m. Westline Drive; 5:34 p.m. Centre Court; 7:46 p.m. Union Street; 8:34 p.m. Pacific Marina; 8:48 p.m. Stardust Place; 9 p.m. Blanding Avenue.
Fire responses: 11:46 a.m. 2300 block of Santa Clara Avenue, apartment fire alarm.
• 9:34 p.m. 1300 block of Third Street, report of smoke inside a residence. Firefighters met with the resident who told them that there was no fire, the smoke was coming from a malfunctioning clothes dryer. Firefighters turned off the power to the dryer and made certain that no heat had transferred to the adjoining wall. They advised the resident not to use the dryer until it had been inspected and repaired.
Saturday, July 18
Emergency medical responses: 12:55 a.m. Willow Street; 9:20 a.m. Otis Drive; 9:56 a.m. Oleander Avenue; 12:23 p.m. Santa Clara Avenue; 1:21 p.m. Benton Street; 1:26 p.m. Hansen Avenue; 5:55 p.m. Taylor Avenue; 7:18 p.m. Clubhouse Memorial Road; 7:46 p.m. Thompson Avenue; 9:38 p.m. Bali Lane; 11:28 p.m. Park Street; 11:43 p.m. South Shore Center.
Fire response: 5:07 a.m. 100 block of Purcell Drive, residential fire alarm.
Sunday, July 19
Emergency medical responses: 3:42 a.m. Park Street; 6:32 a.m. Central Avenue; 7:24 a.m. Taylor Avenue; 7:32 a.m. Webster Street; 8:09 a.m. Benton Street; 9:58 a.m. Benton; 1:21 p.m. Island Drive; 1:51 p.m. Regent Street; 2:43 p.m. Grand Street; 5:09 p.m. South Shore Center; 6:18 p.m. Central Avenue; 10:39 p.m. 27th Avenue in Oakland; 10:40 p.m. Island Drive.
Fire responses: There were no fire responses on Sunday, July 19.