Compiled by AFD Capt. Rick Murray and Dennis Evanosky
Monday, June 1
Emergency medical responses: 12:25 a.m. Central Avenue; 8:23 a.m. Whitehall Road; 9:31 a.m. Willow Street; 10:44 a.m. Hudson Drive; 11:45 a.m. Packet Landing Road; 11:47 a.m. Pacific Avenue; 12:11 p.m. San Antonio Avenue; 2:05 p.m. Blanding Avenue; 3:07 p.m. Versailles Avenue; 3:10 p.m. Santa Clara Avenue; 5:38 p.m. Whitehall; 6:27 p.m. Caroline Street; 8:19 p.m. Westline Drive; 8:59 p.m. Lincoln Avenue.
Fire responses: 2:15 p.m. 3200 block of Briggs Avenue, report of smoke coming from a residence. When firefighters arrived neighbors told them that nobody was home. Firefighters made a forced entry and found burning food left unattended on the stove. Crewmembers extinguished the fire and made sure it had not spread. They ventilated the residence and notified the homeowner.
• 3:47 p.m. 1500 block of Pacific Avenue, citizen assist.
• 5:11 p.m. 1000 block of Marina Village Parkway, report of smoke in a building with an alarm sounding. Firefighters noticed light smoke near a malfunctioning elevator. They determined that an elevator belt was smoking. Crewmembers placed the elevator out of service and notified the property manager.
• 11:45 p.m. Mecartney Road, block number not given, possible boat in distress. Firefighters determined the boat had mechanical trouble that had been resolved. All passengers were safely ashore.
Tuesday, June 2
Emergency medical responses: 2:02 a.m. Park Avenue; 4:35 a.m. Webster Street; 8:42 a.m. Basinside Way; 10:04 a.m. Ralph Appezzato Memorial Parkway, 11:40 a.m. Buena Vista Avenue; 12:03 p.m. West Hornet Avenue; 4:56 p.m. Pearl Street; 7:55 p.m. Maitland Drive; 8:15 p.m. Stardust Place, 10:29 p.m. Webster.
Fire responses: 2:27 a.m. 500 block of Buena Vista Avenue, apartment fire alarm.
• 8:43 a.m. 2600 block of Fifth Street, report of a sheared-off fire hydrant. Firefighters found water shooting into the air from the hydrant that a delivery truck had accidentally struck. They turned off the water to the hydrant and notified East Bay Municipal Utilities District to make repairs.
• 2:07 p.m. 2300 block of Lincoln Avenue, apartment fire alarm.
• 6:55 p.m. Intersection of Broadway and Shore Line Drive, report of smoke in the area. Firefighters investigated and determined the smoke was coming from a smoldering log. They used a water extinguisher to cool the log off.
• 7:23 p.m. 2900 block of Main Street, commercial fire alarm.
• 7:48 p.m. 2700 block of Buena Vista Avenue, citizen assist.
Wednesday, June 3
Emergency medical responses: 12:01 a.m. Tideway Drive; 6:57 a.m. Park Street; 7:29 a.m. Tarryton Isle; 10:31 a.m. Willow Street; 10:38 a.m. Sand Beach Road; 2:08 p.m. Air Cargo Way in Oakland; 2:32 p.m. Central Avenue; 3:25 p.m. Versailles Avenue; 7:10 p.m. Central; 9:02 p.m. Buena Vista Avenue.
Fire responses: 3:40 a.m. Berkshire Road, block number not given, residential fire alarm.
• 5:40 a.m. 2400 block of Roosevelt Drive, residential fire alarm.
• 9:25 a.m. 2100 block of Shore Line Drive, residential fire alarm.
• 3:18 p.m. 400 block of Buena Vista Avenue, apartment fire alarm.
Thursday, June 4
Emergency medical responses: 3:39 a.m. Union Street; 6:05 a.m. Whitehall Road; 6:21 a.m. Fairview Avenue; 6:31 a.m. Pacific Avenue; 9:10 a.m. Willow Street; 9:58 a.m. Buena Vista Avenue; 10:02 a.m. West Hornet Avenue; 2:15 p.m. Island Drive; 2:28 p.m. Grand Street; 2:54 p.m. Pacific Avenue; 3:29 p.m. Minturn Street; 4:52 p.m. Moreland Drive; 4:58 p.m. Broadway; 6:13 p.m. South Shore Center; 6:53 p.m. Harbor Bay Parkway; 7:51 p.m. Pearl Street; 8:30 p.m. Lincoln Avenue; 8:54 p.m. Regent Street.
Fire responses: 2:59 p.m. 400 block of Pacific Avenue, citizen assist.
• 4:36 p.m. 400 block of Central Avenue, apartment fire alarm.
Friday, June 5
Emergency medical responses: 1:18 a.m. Kofman Parkway, 1:54 a.m. Park Street; 4:48 a.m. Eagle Avenue; 6:55 a.m. Mariner Square Drive; 8:06 a.m. Park Street; 9:05 a.m. Shell Gate Road; 12:08 p.m. Broadway; 1:16 p.m. Central Avenue; 1:23 p.m. Robert Louis Stevenson Avenue; 1:49 p.m. Haight Avenue; 2:12 p.m. Haight; 3:37 p.m. Bay Street; 4:18 p.m. Constitution Way; 4:26 p.m. Main Street; 4:52 p.m. Pacific Marina; 5:07 p.m. Central Avenue; 6:59 p.m. San Jose Avenue; 9:39 p.m. Stardust Place; 10:50 p.m. Park Street; 10:53 p.m. Willow Street.
Fire responses: There were no fire responses on Friday, June 5.
Due to space restrictions, Saturday and Sunday’s listings for both the AFD Fire Wire and Police Blotter will appear next week. Questions about the AFD Fire Wire or Police Blotter? Write to email@example.com.