Compiled by AFD Capt. Rick Murray and Dennis Evanosky
Monday, July 20
Emergency medical responses: 12:02 a.m. Intersection of 98th and Edes avenues in Oakland; 2:59 a.m. Shore Line Drive; 7:18 a.m. Island Drive; 8:21 a.m. South Shore Center; 11:37 a.m. Willow Street; 12:55 p.m. Maitland Drive; 1:28 p.m. Clinton Avenue; 2:49 p.m. Central Avenue; 3:06 p.m. Versailles Avenue; 3:33 p.m. Blanding Avenue; 4:39 p.m. Encinal Avenue; 7:53 p.m. Alameda Avenue.
Fire responses: There were no fire responses on Monday July 20.
Tuesday, July 21
Emergency medical responses: 12:06 a.m. Union Street; 4:22 a.m. Mariner Square Drive; 8:20 a.m. Sand Hook Isle; 10:50 a.m. Broadway; 11:45 a.m. Sherman Street; 1:10 p.m. Atlantic Avenue; 2:10 p.m. Post Street; 2:36 p.m. Mariner Square Drive; 3 p.m. Pacific Avenue; 3:11 p.m. Pacific; 3:42 p.m. Briggs Avenue; 4:47 p.m. San Jose Avenue; 5:17 p.m. Lincoln Avenue; 6:25 p.m. Clinton Avenue; 7:01 p.m. Poggi Street.
Fire responses: 12:01 p.m. 2500 block of Lincoln Avenue, apartment fire alarm.
• 12:03 p.m. 2200 block of South Shore Center, report of a small child accidentally locked inside a vehicle. Firefighters used their auto entry tools to gain access to the vehicle and reunite the uninjured child with the parent.
Wednesday, July 22
Emergency medical responses: 1:21 a.m. Haight Avenue; 2:08 a.m. Cerro Vista; 5:10 a.m. Moreland Drive; 7:40 a.m. Mariner Square Drive; 9:42 a.m. Central Avenue; 9:51 a.m. San Jose Avenue; 10:18 a.m. Island Drive; 10:54 a.m. Clinton Avenue; 11:52 a.m. Blanding Avenue; 12:02 p.m. Park Street; 2:05 p.m. San Jose Avenue; 2:13 p.m. Sand Hook Isle; 4 p.m. Bay Street; 4:51 p.m. Willow Street; 4:55 p.m. Purcell Drive; 6:32 p.m. Lincoln Avenue; 7:50 p.m. Atlantic Avenue; 8:02 p.m. Hibbard Street; 10:14 p.m. Seventh Street in Oakland.
Fire responses: 3:52 p.m. Intersection of Doolittle and Island drives, report of a small grass fire. Firefighters determined that the fire was in the city of Oakland; the Oakland Fire Department was already on-scene.
• 4:31 p.m. 1300 block of High Street, commercial fire alarm.
• 5:48 p.m. 2300 block of South Shore Center, report of a person locked inside a restaurant restroom. Firefighters used entry tools to gain access to the restroom and free the uninjured party.
Fire responses: 7:43 a.m. 2400 block of Mariner Square Drive, commercial fire alarm.
• 4:09 p.m. 2200 block of South Shore Center, commercial fire alarm.
• 9:57 p.m. 300 block of Jack London Avenue, report of a small outside trash-can fire. Firefighters found a small amount of smoldering debris inside a trash can and used a water extinguisher to cool the smoldering material down.
Friday, July 24
Emergency medical responses: 5:20 a.m. Santa Clara Avenue; 6:41 a.m. Santa Clara; 7:36 a.m. Island Drive; 12:52 p.m. Garden Road; 1:55 p.m. Buena Vista Avenue; 2:08 p.m. Main Street; 3:37 p.m. Everett Street; 4:21 p.m. Jack London Avenue; 4:56 p.m. Mariner Square Drive; 5:30 p.m. Stanbridge Court; 5:42 p.m. Neptune Gardens Avenue; 5:54 p.m. Fitchburg Avenue; 8:15 p.m. Otis Drive; 8:44 p.m. Stardust Place.
Fire response: 8:27 p.m. 2800 block of Buena Vista Avenue, apartment fire alarm.
Saturday, July 25
Emergency medical responses: 1:01 a.m. Fourth Street; 2:39 a.m.
Fire responses: 10:34 a.m. 2700 block of Sea View Parkway, report of an oven fire. Firefighters met with the residents who told them that a small fire had started inside their oven. Crewmembers investigated, found no fire. They discovered that the oven’s self-cleaning cycle had malfunctioned. They made certain that there was no fire or heat transfer to the wall behind the oven and advised the residents to have the oven inspected before using it again.
• 10:47 a.m. 100 block of Maitland Drive, report of a natural gas leak inside a business. Firefighters determined that a malfunctioning knob on the gas stove was causing the leak. They turned off the gas to the stove and ventilated the natural gas fumes. Crewmembers advised the business owner to repair the stove before he turned the gas on again.
• 6:39 p.m. 0-100 block of West Oriskany Avenue, report of a leaking water pipe damaged during an automobile accident. Firefighters turned off the water and called the Public Works Department to the scene.
• 7:26 p.m. 600 block of Westline Drive, commercial fire alarm.
Sunday, July 26
Emergency medical responses: 12:11 a.m. High Street; 2:30 a.m. Nason Street; 5:56 a.m. Brush Street; 10:02 a.m. Lincoln Avenue; 11:21 a.m. Mariner Square Drive; 12:42 p.m. Harbor Road; 1:11 p.m. Blanding Avenue; 3:21 p.m. Park Street; 5:30 p.m. Shore Line Drive; 7:02 p.m. Briggs Avenue; 8:03 p.m. Ferry Point, 8:23 p.m. Clinton Avenue; 8:59 p.m. Maple Way.
Fire responses: 5:37 a.m. 2100 block of Alameda Avenue, report of a possible residential gas leak. Firefighters met with the resident who told them that she may have a slight gas leak inside her home. Firefighters used their atmospheric monitor, but detected no hazardous gas.
• 9:48 a.m. 1800 block of San Antonio Avenue, apartment fire alarm.
• 6:56 p.m. 1500 block of Everett Street, apartment fire alarm.
• 7:37 p.m. 200 block of Haight Avenue, apartment fire alarm.
• 9:46 p.m. 1300 block of Park Street, report of smoke coming from the rear of a power-washing vehicle. Firefighters met with the vehicle operator who told them that his vehicle had overheated. He had already used his own water supply to cool the motor down. There was no emergency.