Compiled by AFD Capt. Rick Murray and Dennis Evanosky
Monday, Jan. 26
Emergency medical responses: 1:24 a.m. Haight Avenue; 1:51 a.m. Pacific Avenue; 1:56 a.m. Clinton Avenue; 3:34 a.m. Willow Street; 8:26 a.m. Bay Street; 9:04 a.m. Central Avenue; 12:39 p.m. Santa Clara Avenue; 1:09 p.m. Marina Village Parkway; 1:47 p.m. Larchmont Isle, 2:24 p.m. Willow; 2:26 p.m. Park Street; 7:16 p.m. Webster Street; 9:05 p.m. Monarch Street.
Fire responses: 12:26 a.m. 700 block of Buena Vista Avenue, report of power lines down in the street. Firefighters established a safety perimeter and called Alameda Municipal Power (AMP) to the scene. They turned the scene over to AMP when its crewmembers arrived.
• 1:05 a.m. 500 block of Buena Vista, apartment fire alarm.
• 7:08 a.m. Fernside Boulevard and Garfield Avenue, report of power lines down in the street. Firefighters established a safety perimeter and called AMP to the scene. They turned the scene over to AMP when its crewmembers arrived.
• 12:58 p.m. Otis Drive and Park Avenue, citizen assist.
Fire responses: 2:35 a.m. Clement Avenue and Schiller Street, report of radiator fluid that leaked onto the street from a vehicle involved in an accident. Firefighters used absorbent to contain and remove the fluid from the street.
• 6:21 a.m. 3000 block of Mars Drive, report of a structure fire. Firefighters found smoke coming from the residence. They pulled a pre-connected hose line into the structure and located the fire in an upstairs room. Crewmembers quickly extinguished the fire, containing it to its room of origin. The cause is undetermined and under investigation. There were no reported injuries.
• 9:26 a.m. 1100 block of Harbor Bay Parkway, report of smoke inside the building. Firefighters determined that burned food was causing the smoke. They made certain that there was no fire, properly ventilated the area and reset the alarm.
• 11:10 a.m. 2200 block of Clement Avenue, report of a fire next to a building. Firefighters found a small fire inside a storage shed. They extinguished the fire, which appeared electrical in origin.
• 4:31 p.m. 1200 block of Union Street, apartment fire alarm.
• 7:34 p.m. 1100 block of Camino Del Valle, report of a residential structure fire. Firefighters saw smoke and fire coming from the residence. They made an aggressive interior fire attack with pre-connected hose lines, knocking down and extinguishing the fire. The cause of the fire is undetermined and under investigation.
Friday, Jan. 30
Emergency medical responses: Midnight, Shore Line Drive; 1:08 a.m. Sixth Street; 5:56 a.m. Otis Drive; 9:56 a.m. Willow Street; 10 a.m. Regent Street; 11:01 a.m. Pacific Avenue; 11:31 a.m. Stardust Place; 12:20 p.m. Coast Guard Island; 1:04 p.m. Pacific Marina; 1:18 p.m. Washington Street; 1:33 p.m. Grand Street; 3:59 p.m. Island Drive; 6:06 p.m. Santa Clara Avenue; 6:57 p.m. Haight Avenue; 7:26 p.m. Marina Village Parkway; 7:39 p.m. Walnut Street; 8:23 p.m. Webster Street; 8:47 p.m. Pearl Street; 9:15 p.m. Mozart Street; 9:29 p.m. San Jose Avenue; 10:39 p.m. Capetown Drive; 10:58 p.m. Magnolia Drive.
Fire responses: 2:30 p.m. 1300 block of Weber Street, apartment fire alarm.
• 7:35 p.m. Webster Street, block number not given, report of an outside trash bin on fire. Firefighters used a water extinguisher to put out the fire. There was no property damage.
• 10:47 p.m. 2200 block of South Shore Center; commercial fire alarm.
• 4:12 p.m. West Oriskany Avenue, commercial fire alarm.
• 4:21 p.m. 400 block of Buena Vista Avenue, apartment fire alarm.
Saturday, Jan. 31
Emergency medical responses: 12:28 a.m. Carob Lane; 1 a.m. Santa Clara Avenue; 3:24 a.m. Santa Clara; 3:57 a.m. McDonnel Road; 1:11 p.m. South Shore Center; 2:53 p.m. Lincoln Avenue; 3:04 p.m. Versailles Avenue; 4:08 p.m. Capella Lane; 6:19 p.m. Shore Line Drive; 7:03 p.m. Stanford Street; 8:58 p.m. Central Avenue; 9:38 p.m. Verdi Street; 10:42 p.m. Willow Street; 11:10 p.m. Central; 11:14 p.m. Schiller Street.
Fire responses: 12:51 a.m. 1700 block of Central Avenue, apartment fire alarm.
• 1:05 a.m. Fifth Street and Willie Stargell Avenue, citizen assist.
• 6:27 p.m. 400 block of Whitehall Road, report of an oven fire. Firefighters met with the resident who told them that the fire was out. Crewmembers made sure that the fire was out, turned off the power to the oven and ventilated smoke from the residence. They also advised the resident to have the oven inspected before using it again.
Sunday, Feb. 1
Emergency medical responses: 1:50 a.m. Eighth Street; 7:19 a.m. Westline Drive; 7:39 a.m. Haight Avenue; 8:20 a.m. Apricot Street in Oakland; 10:22 a.m. Buena Vista Avenue; 1:15 p.m. Central Avenue; 1:20 p.m. Webster Street; 1:31 p.m. Pacific Avenue; 2:05 p.m. Park Street; 4:44 p.m. Buena Vista; 5:45 p.m. Buena Vista; 10:48 p.m. Santa Clara Avenue.
Fire responses: 12:55 a.m. 2200 block of South Shore Center; commercial fire alarm.
• 1:50 a.m. 2200 block of Santa Clara Avenue, commercial fire alarm.
• 1:25 p.m. 300 block of Centre Court, residential fire alarm.
• 3:36 p.m. 500 block of Buena Vista Avenue, apartment fire alarm.