Compiled by AFD Capt. Rick Murray and Dennis Evanosky
Monday, Aug. 17
Emergency medical responses: 12:56 a.m. East 27th Street in Oakland; 1:37 a.m. San Antonio Avenue; 8:15 a.m. Calhoun Street; 11:06 a.m. Eagle Avenue; 12 p.m. Ninth Street; 12:41 p.m. Eagle; 12:44 p.m. Encinal; 1:08 p.m. Park Avenue; 1:51 p.m. Court Street; 3:59 p.m. Oak Street; 4:31 p.m. Blanding Avenue; 7:42 p.m. Paru Street; 8:21 p.m. Ravens Cove Lane; 9:03 p.m. Encinal Avenue; 9:39 p.m. Portola Avenue.
Fire responses: 6:51 a.m. 1800 block of Clement Avenue, commercial fire alarm.
• 8:53 p.m. and 10:17 a.m. 400 block of Buena Vista Avenue, commercial fire alarms.
Tuesday, Aug. 18
Emergency medical responses: 1:16 a.m. Keil Bay; 10:49 a.m. North Loop Road; 11 a.m. Encinal Avenue; 11:03 a.m. Buena Vista Avenue; 1:10 p.m. Central Avenue; 3:31 p.m. Westline Drive; 4:24 p.m. Park Street; 6:40 p.m. Central; 6:43 p.m. Park Avenue; 11:03 p.m. Central; 11:26 p.m. Ninth Street.
Fire responses: 5:54 a.m. 2600 block of Fifth Street, commercial fire alarm.
• 6:03 a.m. 1200 block of Grand Street, commercial fire alarm.
• 3:52 p.m. 700 block of Buena Vista Avenue, report of the odor of natural gas inside a residence. Firefighters met with the resident but found no obvious gas odor. They used an atmospheric monitor but discovered no hazardous gas readings. Crewmembers inspected all gas fittings at the residence and advised the resident to contact the property manager to have a plumber inspect the fittings.
• 4:10 p.m. 2100 block of Clinton Avenue, apartment fire alarm.
Wednesday, Aug. 19
Emergency medical responses: 3:22 a.m. St. Charles Street; 7:32 a.m. Atlantic Avenue; 10:28 a.m. Blanding Avenue; 12:15 p.m. Calhoun Street; 12:44 p.m. Atlantic; 2:56 p.m. Sixth Street; 3:22 p.m. Mariner Square Loop, 5:48 p.m. Park Street; 6:01 p.m. Glenview Street; 8:03 p.m. Pacific Avenue; 10:13 p.m. 86th and Bancroft avenues in Oakland.
Fire responses: 1:49 a.m. 2100 block of Santa Clara Avenue, report of an abandoned chair on fire on the sidewalk. Firefighters used a booster line to extinguish the fire.
• 2:24 a.m. Santa Clara Avenue, block number not given, report of paper debris on fire on the sidewalk. Firefighters extinguished the isolated debris fire. Alameda Police Department (APD) is investigating the fire.
• 4:15 a.m. Central Avenue, block number not given, report of a mattress on fire in the street. Firefighters used a water-can extinguisher to put out the fire. They called APD to the scene. The fire is under investigation.
• 12:16 p.m. Otis Drive, block number not given, report of a smoking vehicle in the roadway. When firefighters arrived the vehicle was no longer smoking, but was having mechanical difficulties. Firefighters pushed the vehicle off the roadway, and called for a tow truck.
• 12:59 p.m. 2400 block of Mariner Square Drive, commercial fire alarm.
• 2:35 p.m. 2200 block of Central Avenue, report of a person trapped inside the elevator. Firefighters forced entry into the elevator and freed the uninjured person. They place the elevator out of service pending repairs and inspection.
• 3:47 p.m. 900 block of Shorepoint Court, apartment fire alarm.
Thursday, Aug. 20
Emergency medical responses: 12:12 a.m. Buena Vista Avenue; 8:48 a.m. Mariner Square Drive; 11:32 a.m. Stanford Street; 11:37 a.m.
Atlantic Avenue; 1:24 p.m. Corpus Christi Road; 2:12 p.m. Pacific Avenue; 2:36 p.m. Central Avenue; 7:45 p.m. Willow Street; 7:51 p.m. Buena Vista; 8:10 p.m. Mariner Square Drive; 8:49 p.m. Island Drive; 9:04 p.m. Westline Drive; 9:07 p.m. Central; 9:24 p.m. Centre Court.
Fire responses: 9:45 a.m. 900 block of Park Street, apartment fire alarm.
• 7:36 p.m. 500 block of Buena Vista Avenue, apartment fire alarm.
Friday, Aug. 21
Emergency medical responses: 3:41 a.m. Clinton Avenue; 6:31 a.m. Wellfleet Bay; 10:23 a.m. Barbers Point Road; 11:26 a.m. Clement Avenue; 3:10 p.m. Lincoln Avenue; 3:49 p.m. Clinton; 5:09 p.m. Santa Clara Avenue; 5:30 p.m. Sherman Street; 6:21 p.m. Park Street; 9:58 p.m. West Tower Avenue.
Fire responses: 7:12 a.m. 600 block of Central Avenue, report of a possible residential structure fire. Firefighters arrived to see flames impinging on a neighboring residence. They used multiple pre-connected hose lines to aggressively attack the blaze, confining the fire to its area of origin and minimizing fire damage to the home next door. There were no reported injuries. The cause of the fire is undetermined and remains under investigation.
• 6:32 p.m. 400 block of Buena Vista Avenue, apartment fire alarm.
• 11:27 p.m. 1200 block of Harbor Bay Parkway, report of a small child accidentally locked inside a vehicle. Firefighters arrived at the same time that the second parent showed up with a spare car key. The child was then freed and reunited with the parents.
Saturday, Aug. 22
Emergency medical responses: 1:19 a.m. Central Avenue; 1:43 a.m. Santa Clara Avenue; 8:38 a.m. Dutchcap Lane; 9:09 a.m. Yale Drive; 9:41 a.m. Central; 9:45 a.m. Webster Street; 3:20 p.m. Willie Stargell Avenue; 9:13 p.m. Everett Street; 9:36 p.m. Washington Street; 10:44 p.m. Fourth Street; 11:07 p.m. Lincoln Avenue; 11:47 p.m. Cherry Street in Oakland.
Fire responses: 9:53 a.m. 600 block of Buena Vista Avenue, citizen assist.
• 1:36 p.m. 500 block of Buena Vista Avenue, apartment fire alarm.
Sunday, Aug. 23
Emergency medical responses: 6:22 a.m. Chapin Street; 7:46 a.m. San Antonio Avenue; 8:30 a.m. Westline Drive; 1:36 p.m. Concordia Street; 5:45 p.m. Oleander Avenue; 5:53 p.m. Union Street; 7:45 p.m. Centre Court; 8:11 p.m. Airport Drive in Oakland; 8:24 p.m. Blanding Avenue; 10:06 p.m. Hegenberger Road in Oakland.
Fire response: 2:26 p.m. 1400 block of Lafayette Street, apartment fire alarm.