Compiled by AFD Capt. Rick Murray and Dennis Evanosky
Monday, Dec. 22
Emergency medical responses: 1:45 a.m. Webster Street; 5:20 a.m. Lincoln Avenue; 7:56 a.m. Oak Street; 8:07 a.m. Taylor Avenue; 11:18 a.m. Lagunaria Lane; 11:33 a.m. South Shore Center; 12:05 p.m. Orr Road; 2:39 p.m. Shore Line Drive; 2:54 p.m. Otis Drive; 2:59 p.m. Lincoln Avenue; 5:17 p.m. Main Street; 5:19 p.m. Buena Vista Avenue; 7:09 p.m. Thompson Avenue; 10:06 p.m. Central Avenue; 9:51 p.m. West Tower Avenue; 10:42 p.m. San Jose Avenue; 11:36 p.m. Otis.
Fire responses: 4:22 a.m. 400 block of Willie Stargell Avenue, report of downed power line near a residence. Firefighters discovered several downed power lines. They isolated the area and notified Alameda Municipal Power (AMP). Firefighters turned the scene over to the AMP crewmembers when they arrived.
• 8:58 a.m. 400 block of Buena Vista Avenue, apartment fire alarm.
• 9:13 a.m. 400 block of Buena Vista, apartment fire alarm.
• 5:37 p.m. 400 block of Buena Vista, apartment fire alarm.
• 5:49 p.m. 2200 block of Santa Clara Avenue, apartment fire alarm.
• 6:29 p.m. 1200 block of Lincoln Avenue, report of smoke in the neighborhood. Firefighters searched the area but found no trace of any smoke.
Tuesday, Dec. 23
Emergency medical responses: 1:20 a.m. Otis Drive; 4:40 a.m. Otis; 5:55 a.m. Alaska Packer Place; 9:51 a.m. Eagle Avenue; 10:37 a.m. Second Street; 11:07 a.m. Central Avenue; 11:07 a.m. Blanding Avenue; 11:12 a.m. Grand Street; 12:22 p.m. Park Street; 12:26 p.m. Westline Drive; 12:30 p.m. Shore Line Drive; 12:31 p.m. Pearl Street; 12:46 p.m. Shorepoint Court; 1:02 p.m. Central; 1:59 p.m. Lincoln Avenue; 2:10 p.m. Taylor Avenue; 4:07 p.m. Park Street; 6:02 p.m. Clinton Avenue; 6:36 p.m. Third Street; 8:34 p.m. Park Street; 9:34 p.m. South Shore Center; 11:25 p.m. Shore Line.
Fire responses: 12:06 a.m. 400 block of Lincoln Avenue, apartment fire alarm.
• 6:27 a.m. 1000 block of Marina Village Parkway, commercial fire alarm.
• 9:53 a.m. 1800 block of Wood Street, report of smoke inside a residence. Firefighters met with the occupants who said they had left unattended food cooking on the stove. The food had burned. Firefighters made certain that there was no fire, turned off the power to the stove and ventilated the residence of residual smoke.
• 10:05 a.m. 2000 block of Encinal Avenue, report of keys locked inside a vehicle with the engine running. Firefighters used auto-entry tools to gain access to the vehicle.
• 11:12 a.m. 900 block of San Antonio Avenue, apartment fire alarm.
• 6:03 p.m. 500 block of Buena Vista Avenue, apartment fire alarm.
Wednesday, Dec. 24
Emergency medical responses: 1:50 a.m. Webster Street; 9:54 a.m. Webster; 10:33 a.m. Webster; 11:18 a.m. Alameda Avenue; 12:17 p.m. South Shore Center; 12:34 p.m. Bay Street; 1:37 p.m. San Antonio
Avenue; 1:37 p.m. Shannon Circle; 3:07 p.m. Lincoln Avenue; 5 p.m. South Shore; 5:30 p.m. High Street; 6:20 p.m. Stanton Street.
Fire responses: There were no fire responses on Wednesday, Dec 24.
Thursday, Dec. 25
Emergency medical responses: 7:03 a.m. Shore Line Drive; 9:34 a.m. Shore Line; 9:37 a.m. Buena Vista Avenue; 10:58 a.m. Broadway; 11:14 a.m. Calhoun Street; 12:02 p.m. Mainer Square Drive; 2:27 p.m. Tideway Drive; 5:32 p.m. Ballena Boulevard; 6:33 p.m. Corpus Christi Road; 9:34 p.m. Buena Vista; 9:41 p.m. Armitage Street; 9:46 p.m. Santa Clara Avenue.
Fire responses: 12:13 a.m. 1300 block of Fernside Boulevard, report of a smoke inside a residence. Firefighters spoke with the homeowner who told them a small toy left on the top of a furnace had begun to melt. Firefighters made certain that there was no fire and ventilated the home of residual smoke.
• 7:04 p.m. 400 block of Buena Vista Avenue, apartment fire alarm.
• 8:43 p.m. 1800 block of San Jose Avenue, residential fire alarm.
• 11:57 p.m. 800 block of Island Drive, report of smoke at a commercial property. Firefighters determined the smoke was coming from an overheated appliance. They made certain that there was no fire, turned off the power to the appliance and ventilated the building of all residual smoke.
Fire responses: 8:26 a.m. 2100 block of Mariner Square Drive, commercial fire alarm.
• 12:01 p.m. 2900 block of Central Avenue, residential fire alarm.
• 12:28 p.m. 1800 block of Fremont Drive, citizen assist.
• 5:27 p.m. 500 block of Kings Road, citizen assist.
• 6:01 p.m. 900 block of Central, report of the odor of natural gas. Firefighters called Pacific Gas & Electric Co. (PG&E) to the scene for further investigation. They turned the scene over to the PG&E crewmembers when they arrived.
• 6:58 p.m. 3100 block of El Portal, report of a broken water line. Firefighters turned off the water to the home, removed standing water from the floor and advised the resident to call a plumber.
Saturday, Dec. 27
Emergency medical responses: 1:10 a.m. Willow Street; 7:21 a.m. Buena Vista Avenue; 9:15 a.m. Webster Street; 9:37 a.m. Poggi Street; 10:10 a.m. West Midway Avenue; 12:33 p.m. Corpus Christi Road; 12:34 p.m. Post Street; 1:29 p.m. Buena Vista; 2:24 p.m. South Shore Center; 2:27 p.m. Third Street; 4:58 p.m. Lincoln Avenue; 6:43 p.m. Chestnut Street; 9 p.m. Willow Street; 9:58 p.m. Bay Street; 10:46 p.m. Nottingham Drive; 11 p.m. Willow.
Fire responses: There were no fire responses on Saturday, Dec. 27.