Compiled by AFD Capt. Rick Murray and Dennis Evanosky
Monday, Nov. 24
Emergency medical responses: 12:49 a.m. Garden Road; 5:09 a.m. Willow Street; 7:48 a.m. Island Drive; 8:07 a.m. High Street; 9:24 a.m. Webster Street; 10:47 a.m. Shepardson Lane; 11:45 a.m. Pacific Marina; 1:37 p.m. Second Street; 2:29 p.m. Santa Clara Avenue; 2:41 p.m. Camellia Drive; 3:25 p.m. Westline Drive; 6:50 p.m. Buena Vista Avenue.
Fire responses: 4:08 a.m. 500 block of Corpus Christi Road, report of a residential kitchen fire. Firefighters used a pre-connected hose line to knock down and extinguish a small fire on the stove. They contained the fire to the stove and ventilated all residual smoke.
• 8:40 a.m. 100 block of Brunswick Road, report of the outside odor of natural gas near a residence. Firefighters traced the odor to a leaking propane tank. They turned off the tank and stopped the leak.
• 8:46 a.m. 1300 block of Morton Street, residential fire alarm.
• 4:49 p.m. 3100 block of Mecartney Road, report of a child locked in a vehicle. Firefighters used auto extrication tools to open the vehicle and reunite the uninjured child with the parent.
• 6:08 p.m. 400 block of Central Avenue, apartment fire alarm.
Tuesday, Nov. 25
Emergency medical responses: 2:11 a.m. Buena Vista Avenue; 8:21 a.m. Regent Street; 9:55 a.m. Eagle Avenue; 9:56 a.m. Willow Street; 10:20 a.m. Westline Drive; 11:10 a.m. Mecartney Road; 1:03 p.m. Oak Street; 2:22 p.m. Marina Village Parkway; 7:08 p.m. Santa Clara Avenue; 7:33 p.m. Central Avenue; 7:37 p.m. Orion Street; 8:20 p.m. Island Drive; 8:42 p.m. Buena Vista; 8:51 p.m. Park Street.
Fire responses: 1:32 a.m. 500 block of Buena Vista Avenue, apartment fire alarm.
• 5:31 p.m. 700 block of Atlantic Avenue, apartment fire alarm.
Wednesday, Nov. 26
Emergency medical responses: 2:05 a.m. Park Street; 6:51 a.m. San Antonio Avenue; 10:36 a.m. Island Drive; 11:29 a.m. Santa Clara Avenue; 4:22 p.m. Encinal Avenue; 5:31 p.m. Willow Street; 5:46 p.m. Haight Avenue; 5:54 p.m. Otis Drive; 8:14 p.m. Poggi Street; 9:55 p.m. Briggs Avenue.
Fire responses: 9:41 a.m. 100 block of Purcell Drive, report of smoke inside a residence. Firefighters determined the smoke was coming from a malfunctioning refrigerator. They turned off the power to the appliance and advised the resident to have it repaired.
• 11:40 a.m. 900 block of Park Street, apartment fire alarm.
• 2:10 p.m. 500 block of Buena Vista Avenue, apartment fire alarm.
• 6:25 p.m. 900 block of West Ranger Avenue, commercial fire alarm.
• 7:40 p.m. 1400 block of Park Street, report of an outside natural gas odor. Firefighters used an atmospheric gas monitor, but were unable to locate the source of the odor. They advised the resident to call back if the odor returned.
Thursday, Nov. 27
Emergency medical responses: 7:19 a.m. Harvard Drive; 8:03 a.m. San Antonio Avenue; 12:12 p.m. West Red Line Avenue; 2:04 p.m. Minturn Street; 4:22 p.m. Eagle Avenue; 4:47 p.m. Lincoln Avenue; 4:49 p.m. Sherman Street; 5:05 p.m. Fairview Avenue; 7:51 p.m. Lincoln; 9:43 p.m. Union Street; 11:27 p.m. Poggi Street; 11:30 p.m. Santa Clara Avenue.
Fire responses: 1:13 a.m. 3300 block of Washington Court, residential fire alarm.
• 8:59 a.m. 900 block of Park Street, report of a residential oven fire. When they arrived firefighters learned that the fire had gone out. They turned off the appliance and made certain the fire had not spread. They advised the resident to repair the oven before using it again.
• 5:49 p.m. 2600 block of Lincoln Avenue, report of a parked vehicle leaking fuel. Firefighters confirmed a small amount of fuel had leaked from the vehicle. They used an absorbent to contain the leak and notified the owner to have the car repaired.
• 6:39 p.m. 1500 block of Morton Street, report of a residential carbon monoxide detector activation. Firefighters used an atmospheric monitor and determined that a portable space heater was causing hazardous readings. Firefighters disposed of the broken space heater and ventilated the residence.
Friday, Nov. 28
Emergency medical responses: 1:50 a.m. Webster Street; 9:29 a.m. Blanding Avenue; 10:42 a.m. Corpus Christi Road; 11:18 a.m. Park Street; 12:30 p.m. Capetown Drive; 2:13 p.m. South Shore Center; 2:27 p.m. Shore Line Drive; 4:03 p.m. Corpus Christi; 6 p.m. Poggi Street; 7:20 p.m. Packet Landing Road; 8:26 p.m. Lincoln Avenue; 11:21 p.m. Blanding Avenue; 11:24 p.m. Buena Vista Avenue.
Fire responses: 1:44 a.m. 400 block of Buena Vista Avenue, apartment fire alarm.
• 7:01 a.m. 900 block of Marina Village Parkway, commercial fire alarm.
• 12:12 p.m. 400 block of Buena Vista, apartment fire alarm.
• 3:26 p.m. 2200 block of Shore Line Drive, report of a small amount of burning dry grass. Firefighters arrived and found a small area of smoldering dry grass and used a small booster line to wet the area down. A bon-fire on the beach that had been extinguished may have spread to the grass.
• 3:31 p.m. 500 block of Lincoln Avenue, citizen assist.
• 6:07 p.m. Bordwell Court, report of a residential carbon monoxide detector activation. Firefighters used an atmospheric monitor and discovered the presence of carbon monoxide. They contacted Pacific Gas and Electric Co. (PG&E) and turned the scene over to the PG&E crewmembers when they arrived.
Saturday, Nov. 29
Emergency medical responses: 12:10 a.m. Alameda Avenue; 1:08 a.m. Webster Street; 1:24 a.m. Park Street; 6:27 a.m. Park Street; 8:03 a.m. Corpus Christi Road; 9:07 a.m. Sheffield Road; 11:45 a.m. Morton Street; 12:42 p.m. Willow Street; 1:06 p.m. Lincoln Avenue; 1:19 p.m. Blanding Avenue; 1:23 p.m. Park Street; 3:32 p.m. Bannister Way; 4:32 p.m. Grand Street; 4:33 p.m. Park Avenue; 5:58 p.m. Central Avenue; 11:55 p.m. Holly Street.
Fire responses: There were no fire responses on Saturday, Nov. 29.
Sunday, Nov. 30
Emergency medical responses: 12:04 a.m. Shell Gate Road; 12:59 a.m. Crown Drive; 1:19 a.m. Park Street; 2:02 a.m. Harbor Light Road; 2:10 a.m. Lincoln Avenue; 3:43 a.m. Lincoln; 7:34 a.m. Island Drive; 8:08 a.m. San Antonio Avenue; 8:43 a.m. Waterton Street; 8:46 a.m. Balboa Court; 12:04 p.m. Ironwood Road; 5:39 p.m. Garden Road; 6:05 p.m. Webster Street; 6:58 p.m. Atlantic Avenue; 9 p.m. San Antonio Avenue; 10:18 p.m. South Shore Center; 10:36 p.m. Webster; 10:50 p.m. Sea Horse Drive.
Fire responses: There were no fire responses on Sunday, Nov. 30.