Compiled by AFD Capt. Rick Murray and Dennis Evanosky
Monday, Aug. 24
Emergency medical responses: 2:03 a.m. San Antonio Avenue; 3:14 a.m. Willow Street; 7:32 a.m. Tahiti Lane; 9:12 a.m. Ironwood Road; 9:32 a.m. Lincoln Avenue; 10:15 a.m. Pacific Avenue; 11:01 a.m. Willow; 1:40 p.m. Fountain Street; 4:26 p.m. Ninth Street; 5:54 p.m. Willow; 7:59 p.m. Third Street; 9:16 p.m. Central Avenue; 11:29 p.m. Central.
Fire responses: 7:05 a.m. 700 block of Pacific Avenue, commercial fire alarm.
• 1:28 p.m. 400 block of Sand Beach Road, residential fire alarm.
• 5:51 p.m. 1700 block of Dayton Avenue, residential fire alarm.
• 8:39 p.m. Intersection of Lincoln Avenue and Oak Street, report of the odor of smoke in the neighborhood. Firefighters investigated but were unable to locate any smoke.
• 11 p.m. 400 block of Buena Vista Avenue, apartment fire alarm.
Tuesday, Aug. 25
Emergency medical responses: 12:32 a.m. Seventh Street in Oakland; 7:58 a.m. Garfield Avenue; 8:07 a.m. Central Avenue; 11:06 a.m. Camellia Drive; 1:17 p.m. Grand Street; 2:31 p.m. Sixth Street; 3:48 p.m. Webster Street; 4:39 p.m. Mariner Square Drive; 4:54 p.m. Waterton Street; 5:23 p.m. Cypress Street; 7:04 p.m. McKay Avenue; 7:25 p.m. Intersection of 88th Avenue and International Boulevard in Oakland.
Fire response: 11:22 p.m. San Jose Avenue, block number not given, citizen assist.
Wednesday, Aug. 26
Emergency medical responses: 1:48 a.m. Linda Vista; 2:11 a.m. Schiller Street; 10:05 a.m. Island Drive; 10:53 a.m. Oak Street; 11:50 a.m. Buena Vista Avenue; 1:06 p.m. Chestnut Street; 1:55 p.m. San Jose Avenue; 3:37 p.m. Atlantic Avenue; 5:33 p.m. San Jose; 5:49 p.m. Webster Street; 5:55 p.m. Willow Street; 6:27 p.m. Bayview Drive; 7:39 p.m. Central Avenue; 7:42 p.m. Channing Way; 8:14 p.m. Otis Drive; 11:15 p.m. Regent Street.
Fire responses: 9:01 a.m. Intersection of Buena Vista Avenue and Benton Street, report of a leaking fire hydrant. Firefighters attempted to seal the hydrant without success. They contacted East Bay Municipal Utilities District (EBMUD) to make hydrant repairs.
• 9:10 a.m. 2600 block of Fifth Street, apartment fire alarm.
Thursday, Aug. 27
Emergency medical responses: 12:59 a.m. Shore Line Drive; 1:27 a.m. Buena Vista Avenue; 7:32 a.m. Pacific Avenue; 7:48 a.m. Willow Street; 8:16 a.m. Willow; 9:32 a.m. Buena Vista; 9:39 a.m. Island Drive; 9:58 a.m. Fillmore Street; 10:45 a.m. Lincoln Avenue; 10:56 a.m. Otis Drive; 2:34 p.m. Constance Circle; 2:40 p.m. West Hornet Avenue; 4:30 p.m. Everett Street; 6:23 p.m. Sandcreek Way; 11:27 p.m. South Loop Road.
Fire responses: 3:44 a.m. 1800 block of Ferry Point, report of a commercial building on fire. Firefighters found a wood debris pile on fire next to the building with fire spreading into the building itself. Firefighters used pre-connected hose lines to extinguish the blaze with assistance from the building’s fire-sprinkler system. There were no reported injuries. The cause of the fire is suspicious and under investigation.
• 4:31 a.m. Ralph M. Appezzato Memorial Parkway, block number not given, report of a Dumpster fire. Firefighter found a Dumpster fully engulfed in flames. They used a pre-connected hose line to extinguish the fire, and checked to make certain the cardboard in the Dumpster was not smoldering. The cause of the fire is suspicious and under investigation.
• 5:04 a.m. 1500 block of Encinal Avenue, report of a residential trash collection bin on fire. Firefighters found a single residential trash container that had been placed on the sidewalk for trash pick-up on fire. Firefighters used a booster line to extinguish the small contained debris trash bin fire. The cause is suspicious and under investigation.
• 6:58 a.m. Intersection of Second Street and Pacific Avenue, report of smoldering wood chips on a preschool playground. Firefighters used a garden hose was used to cool the area down. The cause of the fire is suspicious and under investigation.
• 12:55 p.m. 1800 block of Ferry Point, commercial fire alarm.
• 1:54 p.m. 1600 block of Viking Street, commercial fire alarm.
• 3:35 p.m. 1100 block of Santa Clara Avenue, apartment fire alarm.
• 10:03 p.m. 200 block of Ennismore Court, residential fire alarm.
Friday, Aug. 28
Emergency medical responses: 12 a.m. Cypress Street; 3;16 a.m. Corpus Christi Road, 3:54 a.m. Oak Street; 4:15 a.m. Ansel Avenue; 9:27 a.m. Lafayette Street; 10:48 a.m. Willow Street; 11:46 a.m. San Antonio Avenue; 12:01 p.m. San Antonio; 12:45 p.m. Shore Line Drive; 3:07 p.m. South Shore Center; 4:08 p.m. Central Avenue; 4:35 p.m. Shasta Drive; 5:57 p.m. Otis Drive; 5:58 p.m. Blanding Avenue; 6:06 p.m. Thompson Avenue; 7:38 p.m. Central; 7:47 p.m. Pacific Avenue; 8:17 p.m. Harbor Road; 10:10 p.m. Sunset Road.
Fire responses: 12:13 a.m. 1700 block of Webster Street, report of smoke in the neighborhood. Firefighters determined the smoke was coming from a small isolated outside brush fire. They used a booster line to extinguish the fire. The cause of the fire is suspicious and under investigation.
• 3:41 a.m. 2200 block of Central Avenue, report of water flooding an apartment. Firefighters forced their way into the apartment and saw water coming from a broken water line in the bathroom. They turned off the water to the unit, helped remove standing water and notified the building manager. Crewmembers advised the manager to have a plumber make the necessary repairs.
• 12:10 p.m. 1300 block of Regent Street, report of a residential lockout. Firefighters met with the resident who had accidentally locked himself out of his house and left the stove on. Crewmembers used a ladder to gain entry through an upstairs window. They confirmed the resident’s identity and allowed him back into the house.
• 7:36 p.m. 1500 block of Oak Street, report of a vehicle lock-out with the engine running. Firefighters used their auto entry tools to unlock the vehicle.
Saturday, Aug. 29
Emergency medical responses: 12:34 a.m. Atlantic Avenue; 12:45 a.m. Atlantic; 1:25 a.m. Lincoln Avenue; 1:39 a.m. Driftwood Lane; 5:09 a.m. Salmon Road; 8:02 a.m. Island Drive; 9:03 a.m. Park Street; 9:15 a.m. Westline Drive; 9:52 a.m. Pacific Avenue; 10:43 a.m. Oak Street; 12:44 p.m. Willow Street; 12:53 p.m. Corpus Christi Road; 1:06 p.m. Eagle Avenue; 2:31 p.m. Wichita Drive; 2:42 p.m. Mariner Square Drive; 3:07 p.m. Encinal Avenue; 6:13 p.m. Otis Drive; 6:53 p.m. Lemoore Road; 6:53 p.m. Corpus Christi; 7:04 p.m. Park Street; 7:36 p.m. Park Street; 7:38 p.m. Webster Street; 7:42 p.m. Washington Street; 9:40 p.m. Willow Street; 10:29 p.m. Encinal Avenue; 10:49 p.m. Porta Ballena, 11:01 p.m. Webster.
Fire responses: 11:25 a.m. 3000 block of Fillmore Street, commercial fire alarm.
• 12:35 p.m. 2000 block of Grand Street, commercial fire alarm.
• 8:37 p.m. 1100 block of Broadway, apartment fire alarm.
• 9:21 p.m. 600 block of Westline Drive, report of a small isolated beach bonfire. Firefighter used a booster line and water extinguishers to put out the fire. They informed people on the beach of the city’s no-outside-burning ordinance.