Compiled by AFD Capt. Rick Murray and Dennis Evanosky
Monday, Dec. 15
Emergency medical responses: 3:43 a.m. Santa Clara Avenue; 6:08 a.m. Norwich Road; 8:10 a.m. Webster Street; 12:01 p.m. Harbor Bay Parkway; 12:12 p.m. Clement Avenue; 1:37 p.m. Willow Street; 3:37 p.m. Brush Street; 6:07 p.m. Lincoln Avenue; 8:23 p.m. Blanding Avenue; 11:31 p.m. 10th Street at Mandela Parkway in Oakland.
Fire responses: 10:10 a.m. 2000 block of Central Avenue, commercial fire alarm.
• 6:04 p.m. 400 block of Buena Vista Avenue, apartment fire alarm.
• 11:26 p.m. 500 block of Buena Vista, apartment fire alarm.
Tuesday, Dec. 16
Emergency medical responses: 2:39 a.m. San Antonio Avenue; 3:03 a.m. Santa Clara Avenue; 7:38 a.m. Westline Drive; 12:41 p.m. Rosewood Way; 2:13 p.m. Lincoln Avenue; 4:08 p.m. Lincoln; 4:27 p.m. Lincoln; 4:34 p.m. Willow Street; 7:55 p.m. Weber Street; 8:23 p.m. Viking Street; 8:26 p.m. Central Avenue; 9:09 p.m. Buena Vista Avenue.
Fire responses: 4:36 p.m. 1500 block of Union Street, report of a stove-top fire. Firefighters spoke with the homeowners who told them that they had already put the fire out. Firefighters made certain the fire was out and had not spread. They turned off the power to the stove and ventilated the residence of all residual smoke.
• 5:08 p.m. 600 block of Willow Street, apartment fire alarm.
• 6:06 p.m. 1300 block of Marina Village Parkway, commercial fire alarm.
• 8:32 p.m. 500 block of Westline Drive, report of a commercial structure fire. Firefighters met with building staff who told them that they heard a loud sound and saw smoke coming from the roof. Firefighters inspected the area and determined that the smoke was coming from a malfunctioning rooftop heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) system. They turned off the power to the system and made certain there was no fire. They advised the property manager to inspect the HVAC system and make any necessary repairs before using it again.
Wednesday, Dec. 17
Emergency medical responses: 3:41 a.m. Grand Street; 6:10 a.m. Poggi Street; 10:36 a.m. Central Avenue; 3:20 p.m. Willow Street; 3:38 p.m. Grand; 4:49 p.m. San Antonio Avenue.
Fire responses: 11:15 a.m. 500 block of Buena Vista Avenue, apartment fire alarm.
• 2:47 p.m. 500 block of Central Avenue, apartment fire alarm.
• 8:49 p.m. 0-100 block of Bordwell Court, residential fire alarm.
Thursday, Dec. 18
Emergency medical responses: 3:09 a.m. Spruce Street; 8:22 a.m. Broadway; 9:52 a.m. Park Street; 10:28 a.m. Willow Street; 10:29 a.m. Otis Drive; 12:03 p.m. Wood Street; 1:59 p.m. Park Street; 2:28 p.m. Poggi Street; 2:57 p.m. Blanding Avenue; 3:07 p.m. Shore Line Drive; 3:40 p.m. San Antonio Avenue; 3:42 p.m. Tideway Drive; 4:29 p.m. Alameda Avenue; 5:02 p.m. Tonga Lane; 6:21 p.m. Clinton Avenue; 9:40 p.m. Poggi; 10:26 p.m. Central Avenue.
Fire response: 11:32 a.m. 800 block of Taylor Avenue, commercial fire alarm.
Friday, Dec. 19
Emergency medical responses: 1:25 a.m. Clinton Avenue; 2:47 a.m. South Loop Road; 3:27 a.m. Maple Way; 6:35 a.m. Lincoln Avenue; 7:32 a.m. Island Drive; 9:01 a.m. Willow Street; 9:09 a.m. Lafayette Street; 9:22 a.m. Willow; 10:31 a.m. Poggi Street; 12:19 p.m. Chapin Street; 1:10 p.m. Park Street; 2:28 p.m. Poggi; 2:37 p.m. Otis Drive; 5;19 p.m. Flora Vista; 5:38 p.m. Blanding Avenue; 7:19 p.m. Central Avenue.
Fire responses: 5:15 a.m. 800 block of Atlantic Avenue, commercial fire alarm.
• 8:45 a.m. 1200 block of Fernside Boulevard, commercial fire alarm.
• 3:07 p.m. 1500 block of Oak Street, report of a sheared-off fire hydrant. Crewmembers turned off the water supply to the hydrant and notified East Bay Municipal Utilities District.
• 3:23 p.m. South Shore Center, citizen assist.
Saturday, Dec. 20
Emergency medical responses: 1:28 a.m. Corpus Christi Road; 7:32 a.m. Island Drive; 3:28 p.m. Pacific Avenue; 5:33 p.m. Santa Clara Avenue; 6:30 p.m. Oak Street; 8:25 p.m. 90th Avenue in Oakland; 9:51 p.m. Park Street; 10:23 p.m. Maple Way.
Fire responses: There were no fire responses on Saturday, Dec. 20.
Sunday, Dec. 21
Emergency medical responses: 12:56 a.m. Haight Avenue; 1:41 a.m. Lincoln Avenue; 2:11 a.m. Maple Way; 3:53 a.m. Depassier Way; 4:55 a.m. Pacific Avenue; 5:46 a.m. Lincoln; 11:30 a.m. Maple; 11:55 a.m. Atlantic Avenue; 12:11 p.m. Shore Line Drive; 2:34 p.m. Fernside Boulevard; 5:06 p.m. St. Charles Street; 6:50 p.m. Pacific Avenue; 7:29 p.m. Chapin Street; 9:38 p.m. Santa Clara Avenue.
Fire responses: 1:55 a.m. 1300 block of Marina Village Parkway, commercial fire alarm.
• 9:33 a.m. 1500 block of Lincoln Avenue, report of a clothes dryer fire. Firefighters found no active fire, but saw smoke inside the business. Crewmembers inspected the clothes dryer and determined that excessive lint had damaged the dryer and caused the smoke. They turned off the power to the dryer and advised the business’s staff to remove the lint from all the dryers at the business and repair the dryer in question.
• 10:51 p.m. 2700 block of Fifth Street, citizen assist.