Compiled by AFD Capt. Rick Murray and Dennis Evanosky
Saturday, Oct. 10
Emergency medical responses: 1:49 a.m. Webster Street; 3 a.m. San Antonio Avenue; 10:41 a.m. High Street; 12:28 p.m. Ballena Boulevard; 12:53 p.m. Santa Clara Avenue; 1:31 p.m. Mariner Square Drive; 5:23 p.m. Park Street; 9:25 p.m. Webster Street; 10:16 p.m. Fremont Drive; 10:40 p.m. Shore Line Drive; 10:45 p.m. Buena Vista Avenue.
Fire responses: 7:49 a.m. 2200 block of Central Avenue, commercial fire alarm.
• 7:51 a.m. 900 block of Park Street, apartment fire alarm.
• 7:51 a.m. 2600 block of Blanding Avenue, commercial fire alarm.
• 7:55 a.m. 1600 block of Park Street, commercial fire alarm.
• 7:58 a.m. 2100 block of Lincoln Avenue, commercial fire alarm.
• 4:16 p.m. 2800 block of Barbers Point Road, report of a sheared-off fire hydrant. Firefighters learned that a motor-vehicle accident had sheared off a fire hydrant. They turned off water main to the hydrant and notified East Bay Municipal Utilities District (EBMUD). Firefighters turned the scene over to the EBMUD crewmembers when they arrived.
Sunday, Oct. 11
Emergency medical responses: 12:15 a.m. Buena Vista Avenue; 1:49 a.m. Corpus Christi Road; 6 a.m. Sand Harbor Road; 7:44 a.m. Park Street; 9:50 a.m. Blanding Avenue; 11:41 a.m. Fifth Street; 1:49 p.m. Shore Line Drive; 8:17 p.m. Walnut Street; 8:37 p.m. Union Street; 11:54 p.m. San Jose Avenue.
Fire responses: 12:36 a.m. Intersection of Buena Vista Avenue and Webster Street, report of smoke in the neighborhood. Firefighters confirmed a slight odor of smoke. They determined it was coming from a backyard fire pit. Crewmembers informed the resident of the city’s no-outdoor-burning ordinance and put out the fire.
• 1:04 a.m. 2400 block of Monarch Street, commercial fire alarm.
• 4:30 a.m. 300 block of Tideway Drive, report of a natural-gas odor inside a residence. Firefighters spoke with the resident who explained that he had used the propane tank for a barbecue and had trouble shutting off the tank. Firefighters confirmed this was the case and turned off the tank. They advised the resident to exchange the tank for a new one.
• 6:57 p.m. 3500 block of Magnolia Drive, residential fire alarm.
• 8:06 p.m. 400 block of Buena Vista Avenue, apartment fire alarm.