Compiled by AFD Capt. Rick Murray and Dennis Evanosky
Monday, May 25
Emergency medical responses: 3:30 a.m. Neptune Gardens Avenue; 9:01 a.m. West Hornet Avenue; 9:03 a.m. Marina Village Parkway; 9:25 a.m. Stanton Street; 10:29 a.m. Webster Street; 10:56 a.m. Laguna Vista; 11:58 a.m. Central Avenue; 12:11 p.m. Webster; 1:32 p.m. Kilkenny Place; 5:59 p.m. Shorepoint Court; 7:43 p.m. Shepardson Lane; 7:51 p.m. Fernside Boulevard; 8:17 p.m. Island Drive; 8:27 p.m. Lincoln Avenue; 9:22 p.m. Oak Street; 11:42 p.m. Westline Drive.
Fire response: 1:50 a.m. Intersection of Park Street and Lincoln Avenue, request for assistance from the Alameda Police Department.
Tuesday, May 26
Emergency medical responses: 12:10 a.m. Buena Vista Avenue; 2:03 a.m. Broadway; 2:07 a.m. Eagle Avenue; 3:50 a.m. Pacific Avenue; 7:13 a.m. Santa Clara Avenue; 7:14 a.m. Paru Street; 7:27 a.m. Willow Street; 7:28 a.m. Encinal Avenue; 9:07 a.m. Hibbard Street; 9:13 a.m. Willow; 12:14 p.m. Fernside Boulevard; 12:55 p.m. Santa Clara; 1:10 p.m. South Shore Center; 2:11 p.m. Pacific; 2:34 p.m. San Jose Avenue; 2:41 p.m. Central Avenue; 3:01 p.m. Mariner Square Drive; 4:02 p.m. Otis Drive; 4:47 p.m. Central.
Fire responses: 8:09 p.m. 1500 block of Ninth Street, report of smoke coming from an apartment building. Firefighters saw smoke coming from the building. They made an aggressive interior fire attack with pre-connected hose lines. They quickly extinguished the fire and contained it to its area of origin. The cause of the fire is undetermined. There were no reported injuries.
• 10:36 p.m. 400 block of Buena Vista Avenue, apartment fire alarm.
Wednesday, May 27
Emergency medical responses: 4:48 a.m. Webster Street; 9:03 a.m. Wood Street; 10:46 a.m. Corpus Christi Road; 11:13 a.m. Otis Drive; 2:22 p.m. Taylor Avenue; 2:52 p.m. Sandcreek Way; 3:46 p.m. Lincoln Avenue; 5:24 p.m. Island Drive; 5:56 p.m. Park Avenue; 9:09 p.m. Pacific Marina; 9:38 p.m. Calhoun Street.
Fire responses: 12:12 p.m. 1000 block of Marina Village Parkway, commercial fire alarm.
• 4:35 p.m. 1400 block of Harbor Bay Parkway, report of a Dumpster on fire near a building. Firefighters used a pre-connected hose line to extinguish the fire.
Thursday, May 28
Emergency medical responses: 8:42 a.m. Mariner Square Drive; 9:30 a.m. Pacific Avenue; 11:32 a.m. San Antonio Avenue; 12:08 p.m. South Shore Center; 12:33 p.m. Buena Vista Avenue; 1:01 p.m. Willow Street; 2:02 p.m. Park Street; 2:38 p.m. Otis Drive; 5:07 p.m. Sheffield Road; 5:14 p.m. Central Avenue; 5:19 p.m. Thompson Avenue; 6:23 p.m. Rock Isle; 7:05 p.m. Santa Clara Avenue; 7:36 p.m. Shore Line Drive; 7:59 p.m. Webster Street; 8:56 p.m. Buena Vista; 10:46 p.m. Shore Line; 11:36 p.m. Union Street.
Fire responses: 8:59 a.m. 1300 block of High Street, commercial fire alarm.
• 10:22 a.m. 2000 block of Grand Street, report of smoke coming from the back of a truck. Firefighters confirmed a small fire in the parked vehicle. They used a pre-connected hose line to extinguish the fire. The cause of the fire is undetermined and under investigation.
• 3:46 p.m. 2100 block of Clement Avenue, commercial fire alarm.
• 8:43 p.m. 1400 block of Ninth Street, report of the smell of natural gas inside a residence. Firefighters met with the resident and confirmed the gas odor. They identified the source as a malfunctioning gas stove. They turned off the gas to the appliance and ventilated the residence. Firefighters called Pacific Gas & Electric Co. (PG&E) to the scene and turned the scene over to the PG&E crewmembers when they arrived.
• 9:15 p.m. 200 block of Ironwood Road, residential fire alarm.
• 10:42 p.m. 2200 block of San Antonio Avenue, citizen assist.
Friday, May 29
Emergency medical responses: 4:05 a.m. Willow Street; 7:47 a.m.
Poggi Street; 8:20 a.m. Webster Street; 9:46 a.m. Keil Bay; 9:53 a.m. South Shore Center; 11:45 a.m. Park Street; 12:23 p.m. Poggi; 2:33 p.m. Santa Clara Avenue; 2:34 p.m. Sherman Street; 6:44 p.m. Shasta Drive; 7:27 p.m. Clinton Avenue; 7:37 p.m. West Tower Avenue; 7:48 p.m. Willow; 9:39 p.m. Fontana Drive; 11:30 p.m. South Shore.
Fire responses: 3 p.m. and 3:02 p.m., 200 block of Central Avenue, commercial fire alarms.
Saturday, May 30
Emergency medical responses: 12:55 a.m. Harrison Street in Oakland; 7:26 a.m. Mariner Square Drive; 10:15 a.m. Santa Clara Avenue; 11:46 a.m. Willie Stargell Avenue; 2:43 p.m. South Shore Center; 3:41 p.m. Buena Vista Avenue; 4:22 p.m. Haight Avenue; 4:47 p.m. Atlantic Avenue; 5:16 p.m. Chester Street; 5:43 p.m. Blanding Avenue; 6:29 p.m. Sandcreek Way; 6:43 p.m. Webster Street; 8:37 p.m. Santa Clara; 8:49 p.m. Webster; 10:06 p.m. Neptune Gardens Avenue; 10:33 p.m. Shore Line Drive.
Fire responses: 4:25 p.m. 1500 block of Webster Street, commercial fire alarm.
• 7:44 p.m. 400 block of Buena Vista Avenue, apartment fire alarm.
• 9:43 p.m. 1000 block of Paru Street, report of a small contained trash fire at Franklin Park. Firefighters used a water extinguisher to put out the fire.
Sunday, May 31
Emergency medical responses: 7:36 a.m. Island Drive; 9:42 a.m. Island; 11:31 a.m. Otis Drive; 3:03 p.m. Central Avenue; 3:17 p.m. Lincoln Avenue; 4:34 p.m. Fernside Boulevard; 6:13 p.m. Ballena Boulevard; 7:18 p.m. West Red Line Avenue; 8:42 p.m. Kitty Hawk Road; 11:34 p.m. Park Street.
Fire response: 6:29 p.m. 400 block of Buena Vista Avenue, apartment fire alarm.