Compiled by AFD Capt. Rick Murray and Dennis Evanosky
Monday, March 23
Emergency medical responses: 2:54 a.m. Phoenix Lane; 3:31 a.m. Willow Street; 5:10 a.m. Lincoln Avenue; 7:10 a.m. Buena Vista Avenue; 8:56 a.m. St. Charles Street; 9:36 a.m. Park Street; 11:43 a.m. Coast Guard Island; 1:03 p.m. Camellia Drive; 2:57 p.m. Buena Vista; 3:50 p.m. San Antonio Avenue; 3:53 p.m. Park Street; 4:27 p.m. Oak Street; 4:45 p.m. Jack London Avenue; 7:40 p.m. Central Avenue; 9:32 p.m. Shore Line Drive.
Fire responses: 8:04 a.m. Intersection of Encinal Avenue and Benton Street, report of a leaking fire hydrant. Firefighters used a hydrant wrench to stop the leak.
• 11:15 a.m. 1700 block of Webster Street, report of a fire in a trash can. Firefighters used a water extinguisher to put out the small fire.
Tuesday, March 24
Emergency medical responses: 12:22 a.m. Lincoln Avenue; 12:31 a.m. Beach Road; 2:05 a.m. Willow Street; 2:43 a.m. Park Street; 3:57 a.m. San Jose Avenue; 8:56 a.m. Encinal Avenue; 10:06 a.m. Park Street; 10:51 a.m. Sherman Street; 10:52 a.m. Willow; 12:05 p.m. Island Drive; 1:41 p.m. Buena Vista Avenue; 1:51 p.m. Willow; 2:36 p.m. Buena Vista; 2:52 p.m. Central Avenue; 3 p.m. Willow; 5:28 p.m. Haight Avenue; 5:30 p.m. Mariner Square Loop; 6:19 p.m. Ralph M. Appezzato Memorial Parkway; 7:07 p.m. Willow; 8:24 p.m. Ninth Street; 8:38 p.m. San Antonio Avenue; 10:55 p.m. Westline Drive.
Fire response: 9:59 p.m. West Tower Avenue, block number not given, report of the odor of natural gas. Firefighters were unable to locate any natural gas odors.
Wednesday, March 25
Emergency medical responses: 12:06 a.m. Pacific Avenue; 1:09 a.m. Versailles Avenue; 6:37 a.m. Eastshore Drive; 6:57 a.m. Park Street; 11:03 a.m. Santa Clara Avenue; 12:45 p.m. San Antonio Avenue; 2:29 p.m. Park Street; 3:37 p.m. Shell Gate Road; 3:40 p.m. Otis Drive; 4:28 p.m. Central Avenue; 5:10 p.m. Webster Street; 5:16 p.m. Ratto Road; 8:34 p.m. South Shore Center; 9:59 p.m. Clinton Avenue.
Fire responses: 2:30 a.m. 1800 block of Poggi Street, apartment fire alarm.
• 5:48 a.m. 2000 block of Clinton Avenue, commercial fire alarm.
Fire responses: 9:13 a.m. Buena Vista Avenue, block number not given, report of an underground natural gas main leak. Firefighters met with construction workers who reported that they had accidentally punctured the gas line. Firefighters cordoned off the area and notified Pacific Gas & Electric Co. (PG&E). Firefighters turned the scene over to the PG&E crewmembers when they arrived.
• 10:36 a.m. 2200 block of Lincoln Avenue, apartment fire alarm.
• 6:55 p.m. 600 block of West Hornet Avenue, report of smoke coming from a dry-docked boat. Firefighters determined a mechanical problem in the boat’s motor was causing the smoke. They turned off the power to the boat and used a water extinguisher to cool the motor.
Friday, March 27
Emergency medical responses: 7:19 a.m. Taylor Avenue; 10:16 a.m. Central Avenue; 12:06 p.m. Park Street; 2:04 p.m. Willow Street; 2:33 p.m. Webster Street; 2:50 p.m. Central; 4:09 p.m. Maple Way; 4:24 p.m. Eagle Avenue; 4:38 p.m. Central; 5:02 p.m. Stardust Place; 5:55 p.m. Marina Village Parkway; 6:07 p.m. Hibbard Street; 8:42 p.m. West Midway Avenue; 9:36 p.m. Mariner Square Drive; 10:56 p.m. Weber Street; 11:21 p.m. Bay Street; 11:23 p.m. Buena Vista Avenue.
Fire responses: 2:58 p.m. 1400 block of Fourth Street, apartment fire alarm.
• 8:07 p.m. 1200 block of South Loop Road, report of a fire inside a hotel room. Firefighters met with the hotel staff who told them that the hotel’s sprinkler system had doused the fire and contained it to its immediate area of origin. Crewmembers inspected the area to make certain that the fire was completely out. The cause of the fire is under investigation.
Saturday, March 28
Emergency medical responses: 2:49 a.m. Sixth Street; 8:04 a.m. Lincoln Avenue; 8:07 a.m. Central Avenue; 9:09 a.m. Pacific Avenue; 1:08 p.m. Clinton Avenue; 6:57 p.m. Hillery Way, 8:20 p.m. Laurel Street; 10:55 p.m. Reposo Drive in Oakland; 11:36 p.m. High Street.
Fire responses: 11:58 a.m. 500 block of South Shore Center, commercial fire alarm.
• 7:51 p.m. 2200 block of Clinton Avenue, apartment fire alarm.
Sunday, March 29
Emergency medical responses: 12:10 a.m. Buena Vista Avenue; 5:53 a.m. Chestnut Street; 7:14 a.m. Island Drive; 9:46 a.m. Webster Street; 9:59 a.m. West Tower Avenue; 10:57 a.m. Blanding Avenue; 11:23 a.m. Laguna Vista; 11:42 a.m. Willow Street; 2:42 p.m. Park Street; 2:59 p.m. Fifth Street; 5:27 p.m. Shore Line Drive; 7:56 p.m. Ninth Street; 8:14 p.m. Clinton Avenue; 8:40 p.m. Otis Drive; 9:49 p.m. Pacific Avenue; 10:51 p.m. Versailles Avenue.
Fire response: 3:19 p.m. 200 block of Hudson Bay, citizen assist.