Eat, Shop (Late) and Be Merry Downtown!
From Shop Late Thursdays to holiday window displays, downtown merchants have prepared a festive holiday shopping experience.
Shop Late Thursdays
The shops in the downtown district are making it easier to check off items on holiday gift-giving lists. More than 20 retailers are extending their hours until 8 p.m. or later on Thursdays, doubling the number of shops that will be open in the evening!
Grab a bite to eat, catch a movie or toast the holidays with co-workers and then get a little holiday shopping done afterwards. Shop Late Thursday dates are Nov. 30; Dec. 7, 14 and 21.
In addition, Santa will be out and about greeting downtown visitors from 6:30 to 8 p.m. on the following Shop Late Thursday dates: Nov. 30; Dec. 14 and 21.
Many of the downtown retailers are normally open in the evening. These additional businesses are staying open late on Thursday to join in on the fun!
• Alameda See Spot Run (2510 Santa Clara Ave.)
• All Good Living (2332 Alameda Ave.)
• Bead Inspirations (1544 Park St.)
• Bonne Vie (1419 Park St.)
• Craft Beer & Wine (2526 Santa Clara Ave.)
• Daisy’s (1347 Park St.)
• Dandelion Flower Shop (1419 Park St.)
• District Shoes (1322 Park St.)
• Lauren’s Closet (1420 Park St.)
• Merle Norman Cosmetics (1419 Park St.)
• Park Jewelers (1401 1/2 Park St.)
• Pauline’s Antiques (1427 Park St.)
• Sole Desire Shoes (1330 Park St.)
• Stone’s Cyclery (2320 Santa Clara Ave.)
• The Sewing Room (2434 Webb Ave.)
• To Herb With Love (1336A Park St.)
• Tootsie’s (1350 Park St.)
• Therapy (1428 Park St.)
• Tot Tank (1413 Park St.)
• Vintiq (2305 Santa Clara Ave.)
For a complete list of shops open until 8 p.m. or later on Thursdays, go to www.DowntownAlameda.com/Holidays
Holiday Window Contest
The downtown district will have a festive look this season. Local artists have teamed up with 27 local businesses to create dazzling holiday window displays. Shoppers can vote for their favorite display on social media using the hashtag #DAHWC from Nov. 30 to Dec. 21.
To view a list of participating businesses and find out how to vote, visit the Downtown Alameda Business Association site at: www.DowntownAlameda.com/Holidays.