City Looks to Fill Vacancies on Several Boards, Commissions


The City Council is soliciting applications from residents who would like to serve on the some of the city’s boards and commissions. There is one vacancy each on the Civil Service Board, the Golf Commission, the Planning Board, the Transportation Commission and the Public Utilities Board. 

The registered architect’s seat is open on the Historical Advisory Board. The Housing Authority Board has three vacancies, one of the seats must be filled by a senior citizen. The Public Art Commission and the Social Service Human Relations Board each has two vacancies.

Application forms may be obtained from the Office of the City Clerk, City Hall, 2263 Santa Clara Ave., Room 380, by telephoning 747-4800, or by visiting the city’s website. Applications must be submitted to the City Clerk by Thursday, April 21. Contact the City Clerk’s Office at 747-4800 with questions.