Calling all Santas!
Alameda’s Toys For Tots program needs your help
The Alameda Collaborative for Children, Youth and their Families, Alameda Unifed School District (AUSD), Alameda Food Bank, Alameda Red Cross Youth and other community organizations are once again working in partnership with the U.S Marine Corps Toys For Tots program to assure that all low-income Alameda families receive Holiday Toys for their children.
The Alameda Food Bank is currently signing up families to participate in the program, and anticipates needing holiday toys for 1,250 or more children this year.
This year, Toys For Tots especially needs of crafts, sports balls and other items for our older youth. Toys For Tots collection boxes have been placed throughout the city to receive new, unwrapped toys.
Drop off toys at one of the locations listed at right. The final pickup for these sites will be the afternoon of Thursday, Dec. 18.
Contact Jim Franz with any questions about the program at firstname.lastname@example.org or 747-6883.
Toys for Tots Drop Off Sites
• Alameda Fire Department Station 1, 2401 Encinal Ave.
• Alameda Fire Department Station 2, 635 Pacific Ave.
• Alameda Fire Department Station 3, 1703 Grand St.
• Alameda Fire Department Station 4, 2595 Mecartney Road
• Alameda City Hall, 2263 Santa Clara Ave.
• Alameda Police Department, 1555 Oak St.
• Alameda Free Library, 1550 Oak St.
• Alameda Recreation & Park Department, 2226 Santa Clara Ave.
• Alameda Municipal Power, 2000 Grand St.
• Alameda Hospital, 2070 Clinton Ave.
• Bank of Alameda /Marin 2130 Otis Drive and 1416 Park St.
• Mastick Senior Center, 1155 Santa Clara Ave.
• Tucker’s Ice Cream, 1349 Park St.
• Rising Star Montessori, 1421 High St.
• Child Unique Montessori, 2226 Encinal Ave.
• Linguini’s, 1508 Park St.
Other Alameda drop sites can be found at www.toysfortots.org.