Annual Taste of Alameda Set for April 24
Join the West Alameda Business Association (WABA) for A Taste of West Alameda when locals are invited to enjoy endless samples of West Alameda’s variety of cuisines. Mix and mingle while tasting beer, wine and spirits from Alameda’s own Spirit’s Alley and beyond.
From 6 to 9 p.m. in the upper reception hall of Otaez Mexican Restaurant at 1619 Webster St., attendees will be delighted by a curated sampling from more than a dozen West Alameda restaurants and craft-beverage producers. Attendees will have the opportunity to meet restaurant owners, chefs, winemakers and brewers. This is the perfect evening to explore the West End’s culinary offerings, both new and old.
In addition to food and beverage sampling, a silent auction that includes gift baskets, art and other Alameda-based retailer offerings will run from 6:30 to 8:45 p.m. while live DJ sets keep the crowds entertained. Auction proceeds will benefit the West End Arts & Entertainment District.
Tickets are $50 in advance or $55 at the door. Tickets are on sale now at Eventbrite.com, or follow WABA at Facebook.com/WestAlameda for the growing list of restaurants, wineries, breweries and distilleries.
WABA represents local businesses through its mission to promote and improve West Alameda and the Webster Street Business District. WABA supports economic development, marketing, streetscape improvements and other programs benefiting local businesses.
About the West End Arts & Entertainment District
West End Arts & Entertainment District is an alliance of creators, venues and everyday people with a shared goal — to promote more performing and visual art in Alameda. The organization works to create a more vibrant community and increase exposure for local artists through locally produced programs and events.
2019 Best of Alameda West End Winners
WABA is super proud of each and every one of the member businesses who scored a Best of Alameda award from Alameda Magazine this year. A celebration party for these outstanding local businesses will be held at the Fireside Lounge on Wednesday, April 17.
Food and Drink:
- Forbidden Island, Best Bar, Best Cocktails
- Café Jolie, Best Breakfast/brunch
- East Ocean Seafood, Best Chinese Restaurant, Best Dim Sum
- Domenico’s Italian Deli, Best Deli, Best Sandwiches
- Scolari’s at the Point, Best Restaurant View, Best Restaurant Wine List
- Rock Wall Wine Co., Best Wine Bar, Best Place to Propose Marriage
- Alameda Point Craft Soda, Best Local Beverage Company
- The Hunter Public House, Best Marathon Happy Hour
Goods and Services:
- Al’s Barber Shop, Best Barbershop
- Robert Lupo, The Salon by Robert Lupo, Best Hairstylist or Colorist
- Seelenbacher Jewelers, Best Jewelry Store
- Lunchbox Wax, Best Waxing Salon
- Alameda Point Antiques Faire, Best Treasure Hunt
- Feathered Outlaw, Best Boho Chic Boutique
- Mike’s Paddle, Stand Up Paddle Yoga, Best Yoga on the Bay
Lifestyle and Leisure
- Bladium, Best Fitness Classes, Best Gym/Health Club
- Bladium, Jayne Gagliano, Best Spinning Instructor
- The Fireside Lounge, Best Nightclub
- Under One Woof, Best Place to Board Pets, Best Place to get your Pet Groomed
- AquaTech Swim School, Best Swimming Lessons
- Crown Memorial State Beach, Best Place to Pretend You’re in Mexico.
For more details on the Best of Alameda celebration and everything happening on the West End, contact WABA Executive Director Linda Asbury at 408-888-6747 or firstname.lastname@example.org.