Annual Sewer Replacement Project Commencing
The City’s annual sewer replacement project will begin in late January 2018 and is estimated to be completed by September 2018. Construction work hours are restricted from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. near school locations, Monday through Friday. The work will consist of replacing aging sewer mains, laterals and manholes at the following streets. The streets below are listed west to east across the Island:
- 600 block of Taylor Avenue from Sixth Street to Webster Street.
- 900 block of Taylor from Ninth Street to Caroline Street.
- 1700 block of Jay Street from Pacific Avenue to Buena Vista Avenue.
- 1700 block of Stanton Street from Pacific to Buena Vista.
- 1500, 1600 and 1700 blocks of Paru Street from Santa Clara Avenue to Buena Vista.
- 1700, 1800 and 1900 blocks of Pacific from Grand Street to Chestnut Street.
- 1500, 1600 and 1700 blocks of Schiller Street from Santa Clara to Buena Vista.
- 1700 and 1800 blocks of Eagle Avenue from Grand to Schiller.
- 2100 and 2200 blocks of Buena Vista from Willow Street to Oak Street.
- 2300, 2400 and 2500 blocks of Eagle from Oak to Broadway.
- 1900 and 2000 blocks of Cambridge Drive from Fernside Boulevard to Marina Drive.
- 900 and 1000 blocks of High Street from Otis to Fillmore Street.
- 400 block of Melrose Avenue from Camden Road to Mecartney Road.
Construction will be phased by block and every effort will be made to minimize disruptions to neighborhoods. Sewer service will not be interrupted. Motorists and residents may experience minor changes to traffic, temporary loss of on-street parking or an increase in noise levels and dust.
Advanced notice and no-parking signs will be provided 72 hours in advance of planned work.
Questions regarding the project should be directed to Flavio Barrantes at 747-7952.