AFD Fire Wire
AFD Fire Wire
Monday, April 27
Emergency medical responses: 1:20 a.m. La Cresta; 5:06 a.m. Central Avenue; 8:34 a.m. Rock Isle; 11:58 a.m. College Avenue; 12:40 p.m. Clinton Avenue; 1:38 p.m. Garden Road; 2:15 p.m. Fifth Street; 6:07 p.m. Central; 6:08 p.m. Webster Street; 6:46 p.m. Neptune Gardens Avenue; 6:51 p.m. Mariner Square Drive; 7:16 p.m. Buena Vista Avenue; 7:28 p.m. Eastshore Drive; 9:42 p.m. Broadway.
Fire responses: 4:10 p.m. 1700 block of Central Avenue, report of a stove-top cooking fire. Firefighters met with the resident who told them that he had extinguished the fire. Firefighters made certain the fire was out and had not spread. Crewmembers removed burned food from the residence, disconnected power to the stove and ventilated the residence of residual smoke. They also told the building manager to have the stove repaired or replaced.
• 7:11 p.m. 400 block of Buena Vista Avenue, apartment fire alarm.
• 7:46 p.m. 2400 block of Central, report of smoke in a building. Firefighters determined the smoke was from a malfunctioning elevator motor. They disconnected the power to the elevator and placed it out of service. They instructed the building manager to have the elevator repaired before placing it back in service.
Tuesday, April 28
Emergency medical responses: 1:07 a.m. Park Street; 2:30 a.m. Shore Line Drive; 4:12 a.m. Willow Street; 7:25 a.m. Lincoln Avenue; 9:07 a.m. Central Avenue; 11:50 a.m. Mariner Square Drive; 1 p.m. Haight Avenue; 2:15 p.m. Buena Vista Avenue; 2:35 p.m. Webster Street; 3:29 p.m. Blanding Avenue; 3:56 p.m. Bay Street; 5:17 p.m. Grand Street; 6:27 p.m. South Shore Center; 7:04 p.m. South Shore; 8:18 p.m. Lincoln Avenue; 8:19 p.m. Fifth Street; 8:31 p.m. Otis Drive; 9:49 p.m. Park Street; 10:16 p.m. Santa Clara Avenue.
Fire response: 9:31 a.m. 1100 block of Atlantic Avenue, commercial fire alarm.
Wednesday, April 29
Emergency medical responses: 3:30 a.m. Park Street; 4:46 a.m. Willow Street; 8:47 a.m. Encinal Avenue; 9:14 a.m. Schiller Street; 9:58 a.m. Park Street; 10 a.m. Pacific Avenue; 10:58 a.m. San Antonio Avenue; 11 a.m. South Shore Center; 11:21 a.m. Park Avenue; 12:01 p.m. Willow; 3:45 p.m. Mariner Square Drive; 7:33 p.m. 37th Avenue in Oakland; 7:46 p.m. Park Street; 10:17 p.m. Corpus Christi Road; 11:17 p.m. Central Avenue.
Fire responses: 5:55 a.m. 1300 block of Harbor Bay Parkway, commercial fire alarm.
• 3:11 p.m. 2200 block of South Shore Center, commercial fire alarm.
• 3:15 p.m. 500 block of Pacific Avenue, commercial fire alarm.
• 5:34 p.m. 2000 block of Buena Vista Avenue, report of a small container of oil abandoned on the street. Firefighters removed the container and properly disposed of the material.
• 6:02 p.m. 500 block of Westline Drive, commercial fire alarm.
• 7:44 p.m. Intersection of Grand Street and Otis Drive, call for assistance from the Alameda Police Department (APD).
Thursday, April 30
Emergency medical responses: 5:05 a.m. Santa Clara Avenue; 5:50 a.m. Lafayette Street; 7:16 a.m. San Jose Avenue; 8:35 a.m. La Cresta; 8:59 a.m. Santa Clara; 9:56 a.m. Mariner Square Drive; 10:19 a.m. Central Avenue; 10:32 a.m. Stardust Place; 10:52 a.m. Crolls Garden Court; 11:12 a.m. Blanding Avenue; 1:09 p.m. Central; 1:51 p.m. Maple Way, 3:38 p.m. Santa Clara; 3:52 p.m. Blanding; 4:17 p.m. Rainbow Court; 5:14 p.m. Wood Street; 5:38 p.m. Santa Clara; 6:50 p.m. West Tower Avenue; 6:56 p.m. Santa Clara; 6:59 p.m. Clinton Avenue; 7:06 p.m. Phoenix Lane, 8:43 p.m. South Shore Center; 9:04 p.m. Pacific Avenue; 10:54 p.m. Cork Road; 11:14 p.m. Stardust.
Fire responses: 7:40 a.m. 1300 block of Pearl Street, residential fire alarm.
• 7:43 a.m. Intersection of Santa Clara Avenue and Paru Street, report of the smell of smoke. Firefighters were unable to locate any unusual odors in the neighborhood.
• 7:44 a.m. 1100 block of Atlantic Avenue, commercial fire alarm.
• 11:11 a.m. 1900 block of Shore Line Drive, report of a sheared-off fire hydrant. Firefighters discovered a large geyser of water shooting into the air. They turned off the water to the hydrant and notified East Bay Municipal Utilities District.
• 8:52 p.m. 1500 block of Buena Vista Avenue, citizen assist.
Friday, May 1
Emergency medical responses: 1:10 a.m. Haight Avenue; 5:04 a.m. Eagle Avenue; 7:15 a.m. Fitchburg Avenue; 7:58 a.m. Taylor Avenue; 9:34 a.m. Santa Clara Avenue; 9:48 a.m. Shore Line Drive; 10:10 a.m. Park Avenue; 10;14 a.m. Willow Street; 11;09 a.m. South Shore Center; 11:13 a.m. Park Street; 11:15 a.m. Central Avenue; 11:22 a.m. Atlantic Avenue; 11:22 a.m. Blanding Avenue; 1:42 p.m. Ralph Appezzato Memorial Parkway; 3:49 p.m. Atlantic Avenue; 5:35 p.m. Saratoga Street; 6:34 p.m. Oak Street; 6:37 p.m. High Street; 7:18 p.m. Central.
Fire responses: 5:27 a.m. 800 block of Marina Village Parkway, citizen assist.
• 4:56 p.m. 3000 block of Main Street, aviation emergency, canceled on arrival.
• 7:52 p.m. 3000 block of Fillmore Street, commercial fire alarm.
• 9:43 p.m. 2900 block of Mecartney Road, call for assistance from APD.
Saturday, May 2
Emergency medical responses: 12:49 a.m. Santa Clara Avenue; 2:40 a.m. Haight Avenue; 9:47 a.m. Mariner Square Loop, 11:01 a.m. Nason Street; 11:15 a.m. Via Bonita; 11:29 a.m. Lincoln Avenue; 11:59 a.m. Park Street; 11:59 a.m. Eagle Avenue; 12:48 p.m. Eagle; 1:35 p.m. Bay Street; 3:45 p.m. South Shore Center; 4:18 p.m. Orr Court; 6:10 p.m. Hawthorne Street; 6:17 p.m. South Shore; 6:20 p.m. Fernside Boulevard; 7:11 p.m. Island Drive; 9:23 p.m. Lincoln Avenue.
Fire responses: There were no fire responses on Saturday, May 2.