AEF Presents 2017 Jack Capon Awards
The Alameda Education Foundation (AEF) recently presented the 2017 Jack Capon award. The award is given to eighth graders who participate in AEF’s Middle School Sports program. The foundation bases the awards on sportsmanship, academic achievement and being a caring, committed team member. AEF congratulates the following student-athletes:
• Ryan Harris and Quinn Sedlacheck from the Academy of Alameda
• Aila Owens from the Alameda
Community Learning Center
• Jaden Johnson and Mia Brazo from Bay Farm Elementary School
• Brian Oduor and Sonia Randall from the Encinal Junior Jets
• Hudson Stebbins and Mia Wettergren from Lincoln Middle School
• Omari Diltz from Nea Community Learning Center
• Nathaniel Yee and Jordyn Moore from Wood Middle School
The annual award is given in honor of the late Jack Capon who began the middle school sports program in Alameda and the Alameda Special Olympics. He created the motor fitness program used by many kindergartens. He also wrote several books on fitness.
AEF presented the students their awards during their eighth grade awards or promotion celebrations.