2016 Fourth Parade Winners
The 2016 Alameda Mayor’s Fourth of July Parade is in the books. Winners will receive trophies at an upcoming City Council meeting. This year Rancho el Afortunado took home the Mayor’s Trophy. Riders aboard Rancho el Afortunado’s pure Andalusian horses also won trophies for Equestrian (Charro Class) and Sweepstaker.
The Alameda Elks won the honors for the best float, followed by 510 Fitness and Kiddy Kampus Cooperative Preschool.
Other winners were divided into the following categories.
- First place went to Alameda Pediatric Dentistry.
- Tied for second place was West Wind Schools and 24 hours of Lemons.
- In third place among vehicles was the Alameda Theatre and Cineplex and Cinema Grill.
Bicycles & Skaters
- First place went to the Sikh Riders of Alameda.
- In second place was the Cargo Bike Brigade.
- Earning third place among bikes and skaters was West Side Joe Bikes.
- First among the walking groups was the Sikh Temple of San Francisco.
- Tied for second place were the Encinal High School cheerleaders and Celebrate with Lum Bears group.
- Tied for third place were the Friends of the Alameda Animal Shelter (FAAS) and the Alameda Special Olympics groups.
School Marching Bands
- First place went to Alameda’s Lincoln Middle School Band.
- Second place went to Richmond’s Alpha Wolves Marching Band and Drumline.
School Band Float
- First place among school bands riding on vehicles went to the Alameda High Jazz Band.
- Saint Joseph Notre Dame High School earned second place.
- In third was the Academy of Alameda Wind Ensemble.
- Fourth place went to the Encinal High School Jet Band.
- First place among local bands peforming in the parade went to The Saloons.
- The Up and Down earned second place.
- In third was the Faith Bible Church.
Mounted Posse Class (E12)
- The Alameda County Sheriff Mounted Posse received lone honors in this category.
Equestrian Charro Class (E13)
- First place went to Rancho el Afortunado
- Hayward Hills Charros earned second place honors.
- Rancho Jalisco came in third.
Novelty Class (E1)
- First place went to the Baroque Horses of Northern California.
- Chosen for second place was the Hillside Riding Academy
- Rancho el Afortunado received the lone honors in this category.
For more information about the Alameda Fourth of July Parade, visit www.alamedaparade.com.