In 1890 this station at Park Street and Tilden Way replaced the one that A. A. Cohen had built for his San Francisco & Alameda Railroad in 1864. Cohen sold his railroad to the Central Pacific Railroad in 1868. The very first transcontinental railroad train stopped here on Sept. 6, 1869.
History of Alameda
A collection of articles on Alameda History by Dennis Evanosky and Eric J. Kos